Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im planning to add fog lights to my 2014 promaster. Im having difficulty finding original lights/wire harness/switch. Any help would be appreciated. I really dont want to go the aftermarket route until absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Here's what the factory circuit looks like.

Chances are that the factory wiring is not installed in the vehicle... however I could be wrong. I was surprised to find existing switches hiding under blanks to the left of the column for a headlight leveling option. You may find the same for the fog lights under the heater controls switch bank.. Let us know if you find any wiring..

·
Super Moderator
9,097 Posts
Here's what the factory circuit looks like.

Chances are that the factory wiring is not installed in the vehicle... however I could be wrong. I was surprised to find existing switches hiding under blanks to the left of the column for a headlight leveling option. You may find the same for the fog lights under the heater controls switch bank.. Let us know if you find any wiring..
Can you explain how you were able to expose these hidden switches? It appears to be a major job to remove either set of switches. Do the covers just pop off or something?

Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
I haven't tried removing the center one but the ones to the left of the wheel come out quite easy.

Use a small flat blade screw driver or better yet a flat plastic tool to prevent scratching. Gently pry outwards along the top of the switch panel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Part number is 82214048, that is a complete kit that comes with the lights, bezels, harness, and switch, It cost me 117.30 at moparamerica.com I plan to install them this weekend. It appears to be a east instal.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Part number is 82214048, that is a complete kit that comes with the lights, bezels, harness, and switch, It cost me 117.30 at moparamerica.com I plan to install them this weekend. It appears to be a east instal.
Supposedly I have the lights waiting for me at my dealer. Would appreciate a report on your DIY install before I pay my dealer. Auto electrical is NOT one of my strong points, so it needs to easy/straightforward before I tackle it. Pictures would be a big bonus. Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
Anyone do it yet?
I had it done by my dealer. Didn't think the cost was outrageous - but don't have the invoice to give exact cost. It did intial the installation of a whole new switch set (where the emergency flasher, door lock buttons are) that included a new switch for the fog lights. I like the extra light.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had it done by my dealer. Didn't think the cost was outrageous - but don't have the invoice to give exact cost. It did intial the installation of a whole new switch set (where the emergency flasher, door lock buttons are) that included a new switch for the fog lights. I like the extra light.
Any recollection of what they charged you?

·
Registered
192 Posts
What about the programming required to activate the fog light kit as shown in the instructions. Anybody do this themselves? How?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought about ordering and installing the fog lights myself. GLAD I didn't do it. I took it to the dealer and they have had a problem doing it. Installing the new switch panel and wiring was no problem. They had problems cutting the openings in the lower bumper to install the lights. They did not think it looked professional, so they are ordering the new assembly that will come with the holes already cut at their expense. Also, the Dodge website is down and they can not get the code to program to turn the lights on. I am so glad I decided to go back to the dealer for this install. I am understanding, this is all new to them and they are going to make it right. I will post pictures and more info as soon as it is finished.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Too bad that a couple of folks here said they got the kits and were "going to" put them in,
they they just left us hanging.
No follow up. Wwwaaaaaa

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was probably one of the ones that left you hanging.. I used a hole saw and both cuts looked pretty factory to me. Brackets mount easily and so does the factory switch. Wiring is present from the switch to the BCM but I had to run my own from the BCM out to the fog lights.

Dealer billed me about $50 to program the BCM.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, I had the dealer install mine. They cut the holes out with a hole saw, looked more like they chewed them out. Dealer is going to order new right and left bumper assembly at his cost and it will come with the holes already cut. Also, they had to get a code from Dodge to even get the lights to turn on. I have to say, the lights work Great and very bright. Will be about a week before the bumper replacements come in. Total cost to me for kit and install was $ 229.00. At least I can see at night....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts