Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I purhcased fog lights from leeparts.com. I took it to the dodge dealer in Plano, TX and they called me a day later saying it can't be installed on my promaster. 2017 Promaster 2500 136WB. They said I would need an aftermarket or 3rd party fog light to install a fog light. Does that make any sense?

Should I take it to another dealer? Any ideas what else I should do?

http://www.leeparts.com/dodge_promaster/accessories/electrical/fog_light_kit.html

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Nope, makes no sense! It looks like you bought a complete Mopar Promaster foglight kit. Try downloading the installation instructions off the leeparts webpage you posted to show them how it's done. It looks straightforward to me.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, makes no sense! It looks like you bought a complete Mopar Promaster foglight kit. Try downloading the installation instructions off the leeparts webpage you posted to show them how it's done. It looks straightforward to me.
Yeah that was weird. I am going to take it to another dealer, this time with the instructions.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I remember that you need to have a specific build code on your Promaster for the Mopar fog light kit to be added..
Ahh, that could explain it. Maybe that build code is the only one with a foglight-compatible wiring harness. It looks like this Mopar kit assumes it exists since it's nearly plug-and-play. The leeparts description is incomplete, so you may be able to talk them into a post-paid refund, if it won't work on your PM.

·
Registered
583 Posts
MtBiker is right . You have to have the correct SALES CODE for different options . The SALES CODE that works with factory fog lights has pig tails in the vehicle's wiring harness to plug the switch and lights into .
My PM does not have the SALES CODE so I'll have to rig my own switch , relay , wiring , etc .

·
Registered
49 Posts
So what is the consensus for adding foglights? If I buy a kit from Lee parts, will I have to have the dealer program it to work? Should I just buy from dealer and have it installed?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
The light parts in the bumper will fit.

The wires may not be there. That doesn't preclude you from running your own wires and connecting to a relay and switch and then to the van power. Not prewired just means you won't have to coerce a dealer into programming the van's computer... not a bad way to go.

Your van isn't wired for aux batteries, LED ceiling lighting, water pumps , heaters, etc. but that hasn;t stopped a lot of people here from adding what was needed!

Go for it!

·
Registered
583 Posts
No consensus , just the facts 'mam . Sales code : wiring at dash to near bumper , need lights and oem switch . No code : need lights , your wiring , your switch .

·
Registered
11 Posts
So what code do I look for, does it just say SALES CODE or is it something else? Or would one be able to find the wiring harness tucked up behind where the fog lights mount?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts