Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm doing a Moto van conversion and have been looking at bltllc.com they have a sweet 65 or 70mil garage floor. What im looking for is some info on what you guys have installed under your floor to level between the ribs?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Guys, I'm doing a Moto van conversion and have been looking at bltllc.com they have a sweet 65 or 70mil garage floor. What im looking for is some info on what you guys have installed under your floor to level between the ribs?

Nothing!
I just used 1/2" plywood glued & screwed.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I used 7/8" high density particle board and siliconed it to the ribs. Had to wieght it down for a day and it's worked great so far.

·
Registered
887 Posts
3/4" Plywood with under layment

Fit tight, under layment wrapped around edges.

Loose, not screwed or glued.

Dead quiet for 9,000 miles so far

·
Registered
167 Posts
catalin, Are the stock tie-down bolts long enough for that or did you get longer ones? i like the idea of not gluing anything down in case I decide do something else later!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Had to buy new ones...if you're after a soft rubber finish then a good option is gym flooring. Usually comes in squares and is decent priced.

·
Registered
604 Posts
No leveling here.

Installed 3/4" birch plywood plywood floor with a thin closed cell foam underpayment. The underlayment is available at Home Depot and the like, I put it in to keep the floor from squeeking. Spray glued to the plywood. The plywood was primed and painted with porch paint, a little more durable than exterior paint. My second seat mounts are bolted through the plywood. That's the only attachment.

On top of that I layed some of the foam flooring available in puzzle-piece squares. Makes in a bit quieter and nice on the knees.

Finally I installed, cut to fit, some door mats, the type you walk on as you enter many businesses ect. Mine are Anderson Water Hog mats. They take a beating, hold all the crud in their grooved surface, don't leak through and remove for cleaning. You can spray wash them, hang um' to dry, throw them back in and you're ready to go again for next weekend. Check them out?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In cabin portion of the van, I covered whole floor with two layers of Herculiner, then mlv mated to closed cell foam in between the ribs, and finally 1/2 inch plywood painted with garage paint.

I will buy some Loncoin for the top of the plywood when my chair arrives.

The van is extremely quiet, and just keeps getting better...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, completely covered the rear wheelwells with dynamat and mlv mated to closed cell foam.

I will be using Hein's Thinsulate over the wheel wells too.
Van is getting really quiet and warm at the same time.
It is unbelievable!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The closed cell foam, from the factory is glued (mated) to the MLV. The MLV is like lead of the old days. I bought the monster roll from SuperSoundproofing.com

If I knew how to add more pics, i'd have a bunch on here... lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts