Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at the point where I will be putting down a layer of 1" polyiso foam and going over that with 1/2" ply.
My question is in regard to the plastic trim that sits at the bottom of the A pillar (guess that is what it would be as it is the one right behind the driver and passenger seat). Plastic trim in question wraps around the pillar from the sliding door to the passenger door. When scribing the floor material in that area should I simply scribe around it or would it be better to trim it so that the floor fits under it?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think the A pillar is at the front corner of the windshield and the pillar at the back of the driver's and passenger's doors is the B pillar, and the pillar at the aft side of the slider is the C pillar. Others may opine on this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Keep in mind they may need to be removable in the future? There's a fuse panel behind the lower passenger B pillar panel for example!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Keep in mind they may need to be removable in the future? There's a fuse panel behind the lower passenger B pillar panel for example!

I did not know that. Might be best to remove those trim pieces, do the necessary floor fitting and install, then trim the plastic piece to fit above the finished floor. That makes sense. Thanks.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,748 Posts
I left the black plastic intact (except for some switches, AC, 12V and USB outlets) I cut the plywood around the plastic boot. Easy to access later, even with my 6" basement...the whole cover unclips and slides up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went ahead and removed the trim pieces and once the plywood is in place I'll go ahead and trim back the bottom to fit. Not knowing how the trim was removed other than removal of the screws I was reluctant to get too forceful but finally got it off without damage. I think that not having to fight trim that would be buried by the 1-1/2" of poly and ply will be good should I need to remove the trim again. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had originally left enough of a gap in my sub floor that it has room to be removed. My plan when I build the cabinets is to have holes in line with the screws do that I can unscrew it even after the cabinets are in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts