Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best floor covering to use on the bed of the van. Will be using it mostly for hauling all kinds of different items?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How to secure the plywood

How does everyone secure the plywood to the vans floor? Glue, screws or both?

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,255 Posts
I have 3 individual pieces of 1/2" plywood sitting on 3 pieces of 1/2" polyiso held on by longer cargo bolts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have 3 individual pieces of 1/2" plywood sitting on 3 pieces of 1/2" polyiso held on by longer cargo bolts.
Hi Phil, where did you find longer cargo bolts? I've had to go with hex head and really need 55mm or 60mm lengh bolts -

Here's what I did: leveled the existing floor with 1/4" lath strips (about 60 of them), then added a layer of 1/4 inch interlocking foam mats instead of Polyiso, then layer of 1/8 iron ply as underlayment, and topped with the new LifeProof vinyl click lock flooring (virtually indestructible) from Home Depot. This system only added a total of 1".

I really don't think securing the floor would be necessary because it's a 4 layer system wrapped around the wheel wells. The click lock would need to be taken apart with a crowbar (or cut out with a saw). However, I've added back the floor tie downs with longer hex head bolts because I couldn't find torx or button head socket bolts long enough. Would really like to find the factory bolts in a 55 or 60mm (50 worked for four but were too short for the other two).

·
Registered
42 Posts
question about the sides and roof. Im done insulating and almost done running DC wiring. Is that just thin plywood with carpet covering? How is it secured to the walls?
Nice job, just what I need to do.

·
Super Moderator
10,178 Posts
Hi Phil, where did you find longer cargo bolts? I've had to go with hex head and really need 55mm or 60mm length.
Lots of places online but pretty much forget about finding them at a big box. I’ve used McMaster-Carr and Bolt Depot both with good luck. Bolt Depot is a bit cheaper and easier to deal with in my opinion but if McMaster-Carr doesn’t carry it you are SOL. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Peter, where did u get that Coin Dot flooring and does it very slippery when wet? thx

I got it online from IncStores. It’s the Nitro Commercial Grade 7.5 x 17.

It cost $248.63 with Free Shipping!

I really haven’t been on it when wet but I don’t find it slippery under normal conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I laid 1/4 in wood lath to fill in all the low spots, then put a 1/4 interlocking sealed foam, 1/4 IronPly and topped it with the new 1/4 LifeProof click lock vinyl flooring (sold through Home Depot). That flooring looks great, will never come apart, and seems virtually indestructible. Has a lifetime residential and 5 year commercial warranty so it's pretty tough. But.... while it's not slippery to walk on, stuff slides around if not tied down. So, I ended up putting down a rubber mat for my dog and tools, etc.

Honestly, I don't think securing that floor would be necessary at all since it is basically 4 layers housed around the wheel wells and follows the van wall contours. It's not going anywhere. Perhaps an issue if I rolled the van, but then I'd have bigger issues to worry about:).

However, I did re-install the floor tie downs so I could use them for whatever.

I'll post a picture later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts