Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on hardware for a flip up galley/countertop extension. It seems these are called 'folding shelf brackets.'

There are many options. I'm looking for something very strong and rattle free. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'll second this request and ask if anyone's found a source for an even more elusive piece of hardware: the flip down bracket.

Basically the same thing, but the countertop/tabletop sits flush or built in a frame against a wall and flips down rather than up. I've mainly found homemade solutions made of hinges and fold-out supports.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,240 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Gotcha.... guess I didn't read the post very closely.

Honestly if they rattle it isn't enough for me to notice. If I remember correctly I did put little felt pieces where it is making contact when it is down. It works well except 1 thing. When you pull up the extension, there are little pieces that catch the locking mechanism so it will stay up. Sometimes those get bent down so they don't catch and you have to manually pull up the locking mechanism. Not a big deal. I don't know if this is because the bracket design or because I'm using a heavy 2" thick piece of butcher block. I think with a lighter top it wouldn't be a problem. Sorry for the terrible description but without seeing what I'm taking about its hard to describe.

I can't tell if any of the other brackets are made the same way because it's on the bottom and no advertisements post pictures of those.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I know this is an old post but if anyone is still looking for wall mounted folding brackets for tables or chairs then come check us out
Fold Down Pro

·
Registered
336 Posts
Bump. Any options for this?

We're building a new van, so need some new brackets. I can't find (on Amazon) that were installed on our current van, but lots of other options.

They all seem to suck as they have the little push button thing that bangs the cabinet when in the closed position. Those Knape & Vogt ones seem nice, but they are zinc and white, and I'd rather have black (to match the cabinet latches/sink/etc).

Any options that you guys know of?

·
Registered
139 Posts
When I owned a LeSharo MH I made a pop up shelf off the rear counter/stove area. I used brackets from hardware store that lock in place when opened. I used a banjo hinge at the top and brackets at both sides.
Faceing Rearward.JPG

MLogan
Smyrna, TN

·
Registered
'17 136 HT Black
280 Posts
I used a piano hinge and a pipe with a flange for a leg. When it's not in use it's secured with an eyehook. I drive it everyday and it doesn't make any noise at all.
20191208_093219.jpg

20191208_093323.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts