Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 136" Promaster gas- flexplate failure at 31K miles. Broken trans mount might have been causing the issue. 3 months past 5-year power train warranty and the dealer/ morpart would not cover it. 5-7 hour job plus parts. Cost me $1500 after tax at the dealer with trans mount replaced. But I was quoted around $900 at local shop. Metallic rattle at start-up and idle - but fixed now!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had five flex plates put in mine. All within the 100,000 mile warranty. The third one took out the trans. They replaced the trans, torque converter and flex plate. Flex plate in less than 900 miles. They replaced the torque converter, flex plate and pump on the new trans. That one lasted 500,000 miles. I just had the replacement trans rebuilt @594,000 miles. I had a bad torque converter. Decided to have transmission done while it was out. The trans was in near perfect shape inside.

·
Registered
27 Posts
These are a common issue on the promasters. I’ve seen both these problems multiple times over on our fleet. The most recent one to keep an eye on is the motor mount on the passenger side broke this time. Luckily not much collateral damage. Just broke the mount and the cv axle

·
Registered
764 Posts
These are a common issue on the promasters. I’ve seen both these problems multiple times over on our fleet. The most recent one to keep an eye on is the motor mount on the passenger side broke this time. Luckily not much collateral damage. Just broke the mount and the cv axle
I had the EXACT same problem once - passenger motor mount worked loose and dropped the engine on the axle. No other damage than a new mount and.new axle. But it gabe me the idea that if the engine can move that much without damage, maybe I can drop the engine down to do the rear cylinder head should I need to. Havent needed to,yet, but it’s an interesting idea.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
. I had a bad torque converter. Decided to have transmission done while it was out. The trans was in near perfect shape inside.
Crazy. Well, Good to know, I’ll keep an eye out. I’m glad I got this done at a dealer so now that last repair is under warranty at least.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the EXACT same problem once - passenger motor mount worked loose and dropped the engine on the axle. No other damage than a new mount and.new axle. But it gabe me the idea that if the engine can move that much without damage, maybe I can drop the engine down to do the rear cylinder head should I need to. Havent needed to,yet, but it’s an interesting idea.
What mileage did it go out for you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts