Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I’ve been a frequent reader on here for the past few months after I bought my gas 2014 Promaster 136” with 27k back in March but haven’t felt the need to post tell now.

I’ve been hearing a metallic rattling noise coming from the lower section of the engine that I’ve been ignoring tell recently. It only happens at idle or at really low rpms, like when i barely touch the accelerator - when it goes higher rpms it isn’t addable anymore. So i took it in to a local mechanic just to get his ear. He took a look, did some research and found that the flex plate was probably the issue. The vibration is coming from that area, the symptoms matches perfectly and according to what ever database he had access to over 10 flex plates have been documented and replaced on the 2014 model. He was saying this might be a lot higher too if this was getting misdiagnosed as a trany problem.. or maybe that’s the root cause?

Of course my 5 year warranty that came with just expired in May ?... I did bring it in right before it expired and told them to do an in depth inspection on everything and it came back clean. So.. I’m going to bring it to a dealer now in hopes that they’ll see that it’s a manufacturing issue, its becoming more common and a flex plate shouldn’t just brake.. maybe they’ll show mercy. If you have any recommendations I’d love to hear it. I’ll let you all know how it goes.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts