Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got rid of the sprinters and went to the pro masters so far so good the upgrades in the programming sure helped the shifting on our diesel 2500's any way I'm looking to trade bench seat for single seat have a few just let me know I'm in Kansas City but I'll pay to send my seat if you pay to send yours

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Welcome, a fleet is welcome as it will give us some idea how the diesel and gas vans compare. So for we have had only a few posters with both.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we are still getting the bugs worked out the one of the 1500's have had quit a bit of door latch issues and the van was in the shop 5 time for the same thing but one of the 2500 diesels just got out of the shop because the emergency breaks locked up. Drivability comparison is loaded vans with ladder racks . The gas motors in the 1500's have plenty of power and move through the gears much better then the diesel 2500's but they also get about half the fuel economy compared to the diesel motor. But all is new the highest mile truck is only 14k so only time will tell. My biggest complaint is the slush box the call a transmission on the diesel 2500's your driving habits must accommodate the lazy shifts and pausing in between gears. Pulling out in to traffic if you thing there is more then enough space you better allow for more. And the brakes sound horrible but preform great they will stop on a dime but driving through town it sounds metal on metal. Doge said that due to the material of the pad I'm not sure if it's not more due to quality they have so much brake dust the silver wheels might as well be black after a week. As far as functionality a 2500 high top lined with shelves will still fit 7 3ton furnaces with a coils as for the sprinter would squeeze in 5

·
Super Moderator
10,163 Posts
There have been many write up on curing brake squeal posted. For $10 and an hours time it's a done deal for good. Google is your friend:)

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
KOV means ^^^ CRC anti-squeal on the back of the pads. BMW motorcycles are famous for it. Europeans must like the sound!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Let'em squeal. It's so nice to have powerful brakes that never fade. Have you read all the complaints of weak brakes on the Transit forum?

When my brakes wear out, I'm going back to dealer begging for the original squealing pads.

·
Super Moderator
10,163 Posts
Let'em squeal. It's so nice to have powerful brakes that never fade. Have you read all the complaints of weak brakes on the Transit forum?

When my brakes wear out, I'm going back to dealer begging for the original squealing pads.
Aint dat da truth! Mine are up to 64k miles and still stopping on a dime, plus no squeaking since I did the first CRC treatment at 1 k miles!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My trailer rig is a 7.3 power stroke with upgraded breaks that are absolutely silent but I have always Crc every brake job I suppose it makes perfect sense when it warms up I'll give it a shot I have plenty in the shop thanks for the tip gentleman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts