Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my Promaster serviced: Battery compartment recall; TPM recall, free oil change and replace the passenger side folding mirror. On their own they decided to add the parts to make the heated mirrors work.

When I was driving home I noticed the Odometer digits flashing. The service department was closed for the day but I can call them tomorrow.

Has anybody seen the Odometer digits flashing? If it was something simple it would save a trip back to the dealer.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unhook battery. Wait a few minutes. Hook it back up.
Thanks for the suggestion. Have you had the flashing odometer problem? Do you know what caused it?

The only reason I hesitate to disconnect the battery is that erases the memory in the transmission and it has to relearn how I like to drive all over again and that takes a month or so.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,843 Posts
I had it when I drove off the lot. Dealer reset it. Someone here told me what they did.

What is this transmission memory? What if two people drive it?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It adapts the shift points to your driving style. It's called an adaptive transmission. Don't know what happens if there are multiple drivers with different driving styles. Averages between them? Depending on how much each one drives at a time?

I can't remember where I read about it, but it was in one of manuals, either hard copy, CD or online, but it takes a couple hundred miles before it learns. And disconnecting the battery resets it to the default settings.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How did you get a free oil change?
I was surprised too, but the service department said I get 4 free oil changes in the first 24 months. They said I should have been told when I purchased the van.

And I didn't buy it from this dealer so I assumed they meant it was paid for by Chrysler.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as the flashing odometer digits, the service department said 'they had to reprogram the air conditioning'.

Must have been caused when they worked on HVAC controls to install the missing heated mirror switch. Only took a few minutes to fix.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was surprised too, but the service department said I get 4 free oil changes in the first 24 months. They said I should have been told when I purchased the van.

And I didn't buy it from this dealer so I assumed they meant it was paid for by Chrysler.
How many miles on your odometer?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About 11,500.

I never got a message to change my oil on the dash.

The service department said they assumed it was because I had disconnected the battery several months and several thousand miles ago to connect a voltage sensing relay and 2 AGM house batteries.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts