Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello folks in PM forum

This is my first post.

Before moving to the US over 20 years ago, almost all my vehicles had been vans. My last one was my favorite: it was about the same size as a Promaster 159 ext., was also a front-wheel drive, and the OEM 2.4L Mercedes diesel engine delivered about 25-28 mpg. It was a Hanomag-Henschel F35D, year-model 1973.

Until recently, the North American van market was one of just 3 models, all of them gas guzzling dinosaurs in which you could not even stand up.

I want to buy a van again. A Promaster 159wb Diesel van would be my choice, but am shocked by the ridiculous leaks mentioned by several members here. Apparently the adhesive caulk on body panels joints is insufficient in quantity and inadequate. in quality. Given time, this infiltration of water, salt, sand, mud and whatnot, will cause awful rust and rot and mold and humidity inside the vans.

Will Dodge mitigate the problem?

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
Leaks or bag panel sealing have not been a problem that I can see with Promasters any more than any other big steel box vehicle.

A few people have had problems with marker light gasket leaks and some with condensation but these are very few and far between - certainly not a reason to not buy a Promaster! Don't forget you mostly hear about peoples problems on this type of board, few people talk about things that are good, mostly problems and those are usually very few and far between in this case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts