Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked on the Chrysler media site and their press photos for the 2015 are up and they show the existing 2014 headlights, not the 2015 Ducato facelift:
http://media.chrysler.com/image-gallery.do?method=view&imageGalleryId=659&mid=432

Whether they just kept the same 14' photos or created new photos, I don't know. But I am pretty sure they just wouldn't change the model year, and not change the photos if the facelift was gonna happen.

This is a big disappointment for me, and I will have to wait one more year to see if they get their act together for 16'. I am not a commercial buyer, but will be getting the PM for recreational use...

·
Registered
887 Posts
With all the news media reports saying the ProMaster gets a mid year update, I'm calculating we'll see it in May 2015 on dealer lots. I hope I'm right. Because I need to buy mine soon. The wait for the new grill is killing me too.>:D

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sorry, can't find it with Google. I read a lot of news using Flipboard, Zite, etc. I saw it at least two places.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I went ahead an ordered the 2015 Promaster with the diesel. The premium option for the exterior gives you a center grill and fog lights. I think this gives the van more style. I am not sure what they have planned, but i kind of like the big bug lights.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Motosailor.... We think alike. I'm going to pickup mine Wednesday. I'm going for silver grille, leather steering wheel and aluminum wheels on mine. Looks sexy to me. Having to drive a long way to pick it up, but worth it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You guys won't be disappointed. As John Mellencamp says "Your life is now." A person can always make up excuses to wait for the next greatest thing right around the corner. You could wait until the new front end gets put on, or even better yet, wait 5 more years for a complete re-design. After waiting three years for the Ford Transit only to be disappointed by the dimensions, I couldn't wait around any longer. Needed a cargo van to replace my E-350 wagon. Trying to pile plumbing parts in a van with seats was a bummer. But at one time when the kids were smaller, I needed seats to pile kids on. I am very pleased with my PM. 800+ miles on it in a little over three weeks. Does everything I need it to.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Completely agree with Pete's plumbing. I am also very pleased with my pro master a pleasure to drive and work out of.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I just took the plunge and grabbed a really nice one. Black 136" high roof, dual rear sliders with glass in both of them. Power folding mirrors, backup cam, both heated seats, and got $1000 for upfitting ranger aluminum shelves.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For me the PM will be a recreational vehicle, and currently I have another vehicle that fills that need - so I am not delaying my 'life' in any measurable way.

I think everyone in their mind's eye has the idea of a perfect vehicle, and the PM is my idea of a perfect motorcyle hauler/adventure van. Problem is that Ram is not offering many options that I would like to see (interior, load floor); and these will add significant cost and time. The new headlights are a step up, imo, and while I could buy them as parts and install them - it would add thousands to the cost.

The benefit is not worth the expense. I will wait.

You guys won't be disappointed. As John Mellencamp says "Your life is now." A person can always make up excuses to wait for the next greatest thing right around the corner. You could wait until the new front end gets put on, or even better yet, wait 5 more years for a complete re-design. After waiting three years for the Ford Transit only to be disappointed by the dimensions, I couldn't wait around any longer. Needed a cargo van to replace my E-350 wagon. Trying to pile plumbing parts in a van with seats was a bummer. But at one time when the kids were smaller, I needed seats to pile kids on. I am very pleased with my PM. 800+ miles on it in a little over three weeks. Does everything I need it to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts