Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of probably many mods I have in store for my City. Wanting a hard cover for the cargo area, I decided to build a folding rear deck. I used 1&1/2 inch squares for the frame, topped with 1/8 inch under lament board, then covered with a sheet of cotton and then in black fabric. Mounted to 4ft. x 5/8 inch wooden dowels, which is the exact same size and distance for the stock mounting holes on the rear moldings in the wagon! I covered the ends with rubber chair tip protectors, and is now a perfectly snug fit! added in vinyl pull straps, mounted to the cover with old guitar strap pins!

Had this done about 2 weeks ago and tested its integrity for a gig my band had. Did not take pics, but I had 3 guitar cases, a pedal board weighing about 15 pounds, an amp weighing about 35 pounds plus my box of junk on it and withstood the weight!
Allows me to stack my gear in an organized fashion instead of on top of each other. The folding sections allow to reach the deeper part of the cargo space with ease.

I am certainly no woodworker or upholsterer, but am super pleased at how it came out!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just got my PM city wagon this week.
Might copy your idea a little.
very nice work.

does it help with road noise?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got my PM city wagon this week.
Might copy your idea a little.
very nice work.

does it help with road noise?

A little, along with some GT mat I laid in the cargo area, also. It's more functional than anything...

Photos of last gig, with just my gear and the drums. So much easier to stack stuff in!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts