Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer delivered our 2014 Promaster with 18k on the odometer to our shop last friday that was supposedly CPO'd.

So far the AM/FM radio does not receive at all, the brake fluid is low, the engine coolant level is low and yesterday it got towed by Dodge roadside assistance to the dealership due to the drivers side rear wheel being locked up only to find out this morning that the dealership is not certified to work on the PM so now it needs to be towed to another dealership...so far I am not impressed with the vehicle or with the CPO program.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Bummer. Be careful of dealers B.S. they will tell people anything to sell a vehicle, then 5 minutes later forget your name/who you are. Unfortunately, when you buy used anything you could be buying someone else's problem. Good luck.

·
Registered
279 Posts
How much of a discount did you get vs a new promaster?
Good thing they don't call it Pre-Owned-Certified. POC. People might confuse it for Piece of Crap.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much of a discount did you get vs a new promaster?
Good thing they don't call it Pre-Owned-Certified. POC. People might confuse it for Piece of Crap.
Between $7 and $8k for a vehicle with 18,000 miles on it. CPO is supposed to mean LIKE NEW by Dodge's standards so I figured no big deal and for a huge savings then why not!

Oh...and I also found out that when Dodge asks what dealership you want the truck towed to they do not bother to check if that dealership can work on Promasters...yeah soooo apparently not every RAM dealership works on the PM's...am I the only one who did not know this???? So then had to go through the fun process of calling back roadside assistance to have them pick it up from one dealer and drop it off at a different one.

I called the general manager at Fullerton Auto Group in New Jersey and raised a stink and I am forcing them to pay to have another dealer CPO this truck again. I am SINCERELY hoping this is some early speed bumps and that things will smooth out but I am leaning towards the glass being half empty with this van.

·
Registered
279 Posts
before I bought my PM I considered getting a cpo one. But the discount in July was only around $2,000. I didn't thinknit was worth it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I've bought two CPO's before, both times Toyota's.

You always wonder if they really do everything they claim. They all advertise a "125 step" inspection or however many steps they claim it to be. Both times I've asked for a copy of the filled in inspection sheet prior to buying the vehicle. I don't know it this actually helped insure they did what they claim but I figure having that in hand if a problem comes up can only help my fight/legal battles getting it taken care of.

Had one dealer balk a bit at providing it but when I started walking he agreed...

Never had a problem with either vehicle.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I bought a pre-owned plain Jane Ford Ranger from CarMax with 12k on it put another 75k on it no problems. There are honest dealers and some not so honest dealers just like any/all businesses. Sounds like you purchased from the former.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't think the manufacture knows if dealership is authorized to do repair/service.
Before we moved here we called to check if local Dodge was authorized to do Sprinter. Was told yes.
To our surprise when we went for service, no not authorized to work on Sprinters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts