Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, we left Redmond, WA with our 118" low top converted PM for Yellowstone and the Rocky Mountains. A four week inaugural trip to try out our rig. We have pictures in the Gallery for folks to see. This was a fun build! Anyone else in the area of our travels? Jim Lofgren

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awning track

We used conventional awning track that is available at most good RV stores. It is made of an extruded aluminum cylindrical slotted channel that is screwed down to the edge of the PM roof. A nylon rope is sewn into a casing of the awning and the size of rope was chosen to easily slip through the channel without pulling out of the slot. Most "bag" awnings are made this way. In this case, my wife sewed it, as with the rest of the build upholstery. Thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just arrived home yesterday, October 9th. The trip went really well and the Pmaster performed admirably. I did have an occasional false tire pressure warning but other than that, all was good. This was a really high altitude trip with Yellowstone, Cody, Wy, Rocky Mountain National park, Devils Canyon and Bannock, Montana. Most of the trip was above 6,ooo ft elevation with as high as 12,000 in Rocky Mountain NP. Fuel Mileage was 19 MPG on the nose for the 3500 miles. I couldn't have asked for better. Montana, Wyoming and Colorado all sell 95 octane regular so I tried it and had no pinging at all even at those altitudes with the grades I had to climb. I used a small 1200 watt heater at electric spaces with an outlet thermostat to regulate the in van temperature for sleeping. Worked very well! Now to do some tweaking to some of the storage to make it a little more accessible, but all in all....it went great!

Jim in Redmond, WA

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,958 Posts
Jim, more Q about that awning. How does it store when not in use. How long to put up/down?

Your simple setup appears similar to ours. Sweet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The telescoping poles were purchased from the Bass Proshop in Tacoma, WA. and the main pole that slides into the casing on the awning is a Coleman adjustable tent pole that I modified by drilling holes in the ends and clamping the sections with hose clamps. Setup takes about 5 to ten minutes with both of us so not really too bad. The poles store under the rear bed as they colapse to under 32". Good luck and enjoy our PM...we are!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts