Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted a fire extinguisher in their PM? I have a First Alert Auto fire extinguisher and am looking for ideas. I was thinking of the area behind the seats. Is there anything behind this that I could inadvertently hit if I drill into it? I was thinking of mounting it horizontally (raised off floor--photo is just to show where) with toggle bolts. Thoughts??

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
That fire extinguisher doesn’t look very heavy. I don’t like drilling into blind spots for just the reason you are concerned about. Consider the plastic covers near the driver and passenger seats, bottom of the B pillar, and a vertical mount. Those covers come off so you could mount the extinguisher on it and then replace the panel and hang the thing, no danger of hitting something. Someone did investigate that area and I think there is a hollow area to shoot self taping screws into but I’d avoid it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I see a hole

You could probable use this hole, no? You could at least use it with a probe to find out if anything is in your way.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,650 Posts
I would make up a bracket to mount it to the back of the seat base. It's pretty vulnerable where you are thinking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts