Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just got done installing my backup alarm and thought I'd show an easy place to tap in to reverse/brake wiring. Just pull the trim off near the passenger seat and it all tucks in under there. I didn't verify the White w/Green stripe or Yellow w/Green stripe wires, but they are attached to the driver side brake in the same pin positions as the passenger side wires I tapped in to. I'm also adding backing sonar and a reverse alarm, but the camera/monitor is all I needed for now.

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Green wire = Brake
Grey w/Green Stripe = Reverse
White w/Green Stripe = Reverse
Yellow w/Green Stripe = Brake
PinkorRedish w/Green Stripe = Constant 12v. (not sure what this wire goes to and it keeps the backup monitor I installed on all the time. I'll eventually switch it over to the aftermarket radio's remote wire.)

Easy peazy :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Its in my plans to do something similar.

I want to add a backup alarm, but have the power to it switched. I expect that most of the time we won't need (or want) it beeping away. But there will be times when backing up that it could be rather handy to alert folks in the area.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Its in my plans to do something similar.

I want to add a backup alarm, but have the power to it switched. I expect that most of the time we won't need (or want) it beeping away. But there will be times when backing up that it could be rather handy to alert folks in the area.
That is why mine has not been installed.
I wakes up the neighbors.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So the grey w/green And the white w/green are both reverse wires? I can tap into either one for my reverse wire back up camera hook up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
reverse wires

So the grey w/green And the white w/green are both reverse wires? I can tap into either one for my reverse wire back up camera hook up?
I have the same question as Tyfu.
So will either the grey with green or white with green provide power to the "purple wire" to trigger an aftermarket headunit to turn on the backup camera?

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That would be nice to know.
I'd like to have the camera on to be aware of tailgater's on the freeway because sometimes they get so close, I can't see them in the side mirrors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts