Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts

Here's my new work vehicle. They teased me for a month and a half whether I was getting it or not....
I've put all of ten miles on it today. So I don't have a lot of feedback other than I like how it drives, and its got tons of room up front and in the back. Only thing I don't like really is the 8' ladder up top has to be tied down all the time due to ladder rack not having its own locks on the driver side. I like the passenger side where I have the extension ladder though

·
Registered
625 Posts
Those short wb, low roof models are SO cute. :D

I almost wish I had a reason (and the $$) to get a 118" for the heckuvit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
After a month and a half of the office messing with my emotions, lol, I finally got to move into my new van. I drove it all of ten miles home today, but really like the seating and room that I have in the cabin area. Plenty of room!! I will be adding a back up camera system to it and my 12 inch subwoofer and amp will be transitioning over from my e250. Gotta get some things finalized in the back area also. I really like it though!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For some reason, some of the text double posted...lol....

Yeah I don't think I'll try to put it into the garage. Lol....
And you're right, its the biggest little van around!
Driving it today was so easy! Turns were incredibly sharp and easily maneuvered the pm through all the traffic and roads I put it on. I love it!

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Finally got our Promaster yesterday !

We picked up our Promaster at the dealer yesterday ! Placed the order in July 2014. Had to be patient ! 0:)
So it's a 2015 model 3500 159" metalic gray, high roof, diesel. (will try and post picture)
It was -25 F up here in Canada so got to test the cold start performance. It started right up. Drove the first 100 miles, and very satisfied with it. Lot's of pickup, not to noisy. The only thing, is that the heater doesn't seem to be able to warm up the cab very good.
Maybe after we get the back insulated, it will be better.
I ordered a front carpet today from WeatherTech. I might also install running boards, as the step seems a little high off the ground.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After my bulkhead was installed the heater works really well! I run the dial down in the blue most of the time because its too warm!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Congratulations on the new van !!

The rear insulation helps greatly with the heat. I insulated my van and it does make a noticeable difference in very cold temps like you're in now.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Just saw your reply. That makes me feel better. Because I was kind of disappointed with the heat output. I will be shooting urethane insulation on the walls and adding a remouvable curtain behind the driver, so I guess I will be OK.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts