Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I pick up the 136WB PM from BestBuy where it's been for two days getting a radio-NAV unit, speakers, and two back-up cameras installed.
Next week is the big time though! The PM will get the windows, air-con, solar panels, MaxAir installed.

So if any have an interest in seeing the radio-nav let me know and I'll try to post a pic or two but it is the finished product not a how to do anything
so I doubt any interest in that ??

The Slide-Masters left and right have shipped and this weekend the wall panel kit, the floor, and the ceiling will be ordered.
So things are finally starting to happen.

In that vane I'm posting up two images of the 'imagined' PM....over the next couple of months I'll post up reality! I'll be curious to see how our reality
matches our dream-scape.
In the drawings the bed is outlined in red, the shelf below it in yellow and the Slide-masters outlined in blue.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotcha MsNomer.
On that shelf outlined in yellow will sit the Boss propane shower and right beside it the little 700wat Hurricaine generator, both currently in boxes in the living room :) Both of them will have to be strapped down. In front of them on the 'den' side of that shelf are to be the duffels for clothes....yep, no cabinets or specific shelves for clothes.
Of course our whole build revolves around the Slide-Masters left and right under the shelf. That's where I'll access the camera get in the Pelican cases from the rear of the van.
On the Slide-Masters on the 'den' side is the ARB frig on one slider, and the potties on the other. One potty for the better-half and another (much larger) for the cat! Go ahead an laugh but the cat goes almost everywhere with us.

Speaking of the better-half; she's been working today on finalizing the order to 8020.net. So nice they can (for a fee of course) cut all the pieces to length prior=nice.

Now MsNomer please post up pics inside your PM on exactly where your Webasto is going....in front of the wheel well if I remember correctly????

·
Registered
427 Posts
I know this is an exciting time. Couple of function questions. Can u access the fridge from inside? Do u have seating or counter other than the fold down?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,681 Posts
Find the long rectangle marked "Table" under the bed. There will now be a smaller table and the Webasto sits between the table and the front of the bed on the driver side of the tunnel. Packs will still fit behind the Webasto. It's box will be about 5" of the 28" height, so duffels, etc, can still store above it. There is about 4" between the Webasto box and the passenger wheel housing. Perfect spot for MrNomer's computer case. The door to the tunnel will be in the same place but altered to accommodate the front of the Webasto box which will contain the hot air outlet.

Instead of using regular ductwork for the inlet, I have built a wooden chase on the driver side of the tunnel. Return air will enter the chase at bed-top level, go across just under the bed board and above the table enclosure, then down to the unit just in front of the table enclosure. The chase and table enclosure are actually one unit screwed to the side of the tunnel.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roblee to attempt at answering.
Open the sliding door and step in, you're looking straight at a cabinet that is kinda flush with wall directly behind driver's seat.
Rotate to the left 90 degrees.
Below head level is the platform bed.
Below that is the big shelf.
Below that are two dual-direction Slide-Masters.
Looking toward the back of the PM and looking down at the left (passenger side) Slide-Master you'll see the ARB 50 quart fridge.
The Slide-master can slide out the back of the van, or slide toward the 'den'. Den being the area between the sleeping area/shelf and the driving
area.
When you're standing beside the cabinet you can pull the passenger slide-master toward the passenger seat and access the refrigerator from the inside of the
van, get what you want out and slide it back under.
Also you can reach and access the refrigerator standing beside the van when it is slid toward and into the den.
We def. had to pay up for dual direction slide-masters but if attached through the van bottom they are rated at 1000 pounds.
This will become important later when we are placing the rear door awning in place. One can step step via the hitch mount step and then step up onto
the slide-master when it's extended and more easily reach the top of the van rear doors. I don't have to tell you how tall the PM rear doors are when you're
on the ground :)

Seating. Swivel seats drivers and passengers.
Also on the driver's side Slide-master two stools stored.
On the cabinet that you face when looking directly in the sliding door there is to be a fold down shelf/desk. Long enough for two people to sit and
work on their laptops. Each sitting on a stool while on the computers. The stools get double duty in our lives, in places like Conowingo Dam where I wait
for eagle action I sit on a stool; it's great for panning shots of the eagles as they fly by.

I appreciate you asking, it forces me yet again to look strongly at application/day-to-day living out of our PM. I should
tell you that we're all in for the PM because of having lived out of a Dodge Durango while in Iceland. The Durango had been 'rv'ed' by KuKu Campers.
I couldn't even stand up in the thing but we cooked out of the side of it, slept in it, and I processed images in it. Now with the PM I can even
stand up!! Better, I can have sliding access to my photography equipment.

You bring up another dilemma that Poof and I were trying to solve even yesterday evening.
We also want a small round pedestal table near the swivel seats up front. One can be prepping food at the fold-down desk while the other
sits in the swiveled seat watching on.
We'd though to screw the pedestal baseplate between the seats and as close to the edge of the 'step-up' as possible. I
don't think this is possible because of what is under that area.
Our current solution is to put the pedestal base immediately against the 'step-up' and screwed into the KK-Plus Fleet Solution wood laminate floor.
In that position we are most less apt to stub it with a foot/toe.....still looking for one that is no deeper than our KK-Plus floor but so far not finding, the
KK-Plus is only 1/2 inch thick :(
Sadly it looks like the only way forward with a pedestal is yet another (large) hole in the van metal bottom....arrrrrg.

So maybe you'r wondering about food prepping areas.
The fold down laptop shelf/desk will do some double duty.
Plus we're not huge on elaborate meals. Many years living out of a backpack and we can do wonders boiling water.
We have a water boiling station away from the computer/electrical cabinet and are scheming a fold down outside table to give
yet another option.
You know some live to eat, we eat to live and a banana with a tablespoonful of peanut butter and I'm good :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MsNomer thanks for the mental picture of placement of the Webasto.
I'm sure you have answered prior but please remind me of why you did not go with the
under passenger seat location. Is one harder than the other?
Seems like the access to the auxiliary fuel port on the gas tank is to be considered easier if not
closer but the length of the fuel line as well.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,681 Posts
See my build for photos of the battery boxes behind the seats that could affect air flow, particularly when we close off the cab area. And generically, that location seems to prefer heating the cab that doesn't need heat when we are at the other end.

Consider the possibility of a "feeler gauge" work surface. A second rectangular table attaches via pivot to the outside forward end of the fold-down table. When desired, this second surface swivels out to provide an L-shaped counter or angles over to serve the passenger seat. It can have a fold-down leg for sturdiness. I considered something like this myself before the pull-out tables materialized.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Nav

So if any have an interest in seeing the radio-nav let me know and I'll try to post a pic or two but it is the finished product not a how to do anything
so I doubt any interest in that ??
I am disappointed with the factory NAV and might want to replace it so I am curious to the cost and your experience with this unit. And its always nice to see pictures.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Clothes

Gotcha MsNomer.
In front of them on the 'den' side of that shelf are to be the duffels for clothes....yep, no cabinets or specific shelves for clothes.
In the end we have opted for two small bags that are 10x12x22 for our clothes. They can be moved as needed from under the bed to on the bed, on the floor or on the seats. We also plan on staying in hotels and condos during our travels so we just take the bags in with us.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
Nothing to be sorry for. I just started the thread a while ago so that new visitors might get a few ideas.... no requirement to do so, I just tell people it's there when they post some diagrams.

Keep having fun !

ed

·
Registered
117 Posts
Next week is the big time though! The PM will get the windows, air-con, solar panels, MaxAir installed.
Installed, as in, you're having someone do that? what kind of place does that kind of work? (you're probably doing it yourself. But on first read it sounded like a contracted out item.)

·
Super Moderator
10,493 Posts
Medicineman40 has been among the forum missing for several years now that he has finished his build.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I miss him and Poof and Milo too . I liked to copy his projects , let them blaze the path .
A good sport too .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts