Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually we've had it for 10 days. Got it on Feb. 28. I went for a 159", Granite, window van, gasser. The FCA dealer in town doesn't sell the full size Promaster so I had to go 170 miles to a dealer who does stock them. As with most dealers finding one that is other than white is not so easy. Then on the way home the driver door vent window caught a rock thrown up from a semi. Oh well, got the glass in just a few days from the local dealer for $127 then Speedy Glass did the install for another $100.

I was really happy with the way it drives and I love the visibility I get over other vehicles. On the trip home we encountered some wet and snow pack and the PM felt solid. Since we are in Montana and they do gravel the roads when there is snow we did experience a lot of "pings and bangs" from the wheel wells and undercarriage. Guess that will be one of the first things to deal with on the way to turning it into a camper.

I've been lurking and studying a lot of the builds but now that my PM is here reality has set in and I need to come up with a build sequence and get moving. I may have made a mistake in getting a van with all fixed windows, I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Like RD said a couple awning windows and a maxx air or fantastic fan and your good to go. Keep the windows and the fan as far away from each other and youll be set!

·
Registered
245 Posts
we'll see.
You sure will. 360 degrees.

I got the window van and have no buyer remorse.
Always thinking how things could fit better without all the windows but you can't beat the view. My wife and I both love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts