Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,449 Posts
I posted this in the simple mods thread wayback when. Washer fluid refill, use the spout from a def container, so you don't use def, wally-world sells a red flex spout for .50 cents ☻ price raised to 98¢ ☻. The red spout needs to be put on crooked to let air in the bottle. But wally-world stockers have no clue what goes where on the shelf so good luck there. Def spout works good.
http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/...9&postcount=16
https://www.walmart.com/ip/FloTool-Super-Flexi-Spouts/23591348

·
Registered
186 Posts
There's an issue filling washer fluid? I dump a gallon a week in there it seems with no issue.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Speaking of windshield washer antifreeze solution, I go into WallyWorld to pick up a gallon of that blue cheap stuff that used to be $1. There is about 25 feet of windshield washer fluid in every color you can imagine and with about every feature washer fluid can accomplish. Remove bugs! $4.95, Clear haze!, $3.99, RainEX! $5.99, etc. BUT NOT ONE bottle that did not say “Summer Formula” for over 32º. Now what is this about? Some of that stuff is bound to be in the washer tank when we fly back in January for our month of winter and I expect it will be frozen solid! If I want Summer formula it will be WATER!

·
Super Moderator
10,225 Posts
You can get good stuff (Peak -20°f) at Sam's for about $12 a case (six) but, you knew that already didn't you? I just bought it on sale at Ocean State for $1.50 a gallon!

If you want the good, good stuff you probable have to go cross-border shopping!

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
I’ll hit an Ocean state as I don’t use a gallon a year. I want the cheap, cheap stuff but winter cheap not summer cheap.

·
Super Moderator
10,225 Posts
I think you missed the sale but I'll sell you some of my extra (for a premium, of course) .

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Add a cup of Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol to your summer fluid. Or make your own windshield washer fluid, lots of formulas online.
I do not recommend trying this!

It works really well for just a little while. Then it EATS the rubber on the wiper blades. With premium wiper blades running well over $20 each now a days, saving money on home made washer fluid can get really expensive.

I tried this a couple times and the blades started smearing rubber onto the windshield. Had to clean it off with plastic polish!

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,449 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts