Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres news that FIAT and Chrysler are having quite the little spat. UAW wants to take Chrysler public because they aren't commanding the price they want from FIAT for their remaining 41% stake in the company.

FIAT is on record saying if UAW does in fact issue an IPO then FIAT will pull the plug on all tech and platform sharing going on between the two companies..

This is where it gets a little sticky. See FIAT needs Chryslers Cash Flow to keep themselves operating, but Chrysler needs FIAT platforms to continue to produce cash. Without FIAT Chrysler basically has noting to stand on, all the recent home runs at Chrysler have been underpinned by a FIAT, well not the RAM pickups. But without Chrysler FIAT will shrivel up and die of insolvency. Quite the toxic codependence if you ask me.

I wonder what this is going to do to Promasters if in fact FIAT does pull the plug? I can see this going one of two ways. Either FIAT refuses to let Chrysler continue to use the Ducato and we only see Promaster for a year, or the likely scenario FIAT begins selling the Ducatos to Chrysler meaning the price will need to be raised....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Fortunately there's no news on this having any effect on the ProMaster, and ProMasters are already in transit and slowly making their way to their customers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am pretty sure that this story will continue for a while though because there is a court hearing to determine the value of Chrysler next year. No one will be buying or selling shares until that has been completed and I imagine it will still be a while after that before Fiat is able to buy the UAW's shares or it gives up and figures out something else to do.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am pretty sure that this story will continue for a while though because there is a court hearing to determine the value of Chrysler next year. No one will be buying or selling shares until that has been completed and I imagine it will still be a while after that before Fiat is able to buy the UAW's shares or it gives up and figures out something else to do.
Do you know when next year? The stocks being put off till next year is a big delay, must be a lot of suits pissed off with this going on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Do you know when next year? The stocks being put off till next year is a big delay, must be a lot of suits pissed off with this going on.
Well the judge made the court date then as a compromise between the two sides. Fiat wanted it basically ASAP while the UAW wanted it in 2015. Not exactly sure of the month though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the judge made the court date then as a compromise between the two sides. Fiat wanted it basically ASAP while the UAW wanted it in 2015. Not exactly sure of the month though.
That trial is not related to filing for IPO

Last year, Fiat sued the trust in Delaware Chancery Court, saying a 3.3 per cent stake it wanted to buy was worth $139.7 million. The trust contended the shares were worth $200 million more than that. In July, a judge refused to set a price and said the issue would have to go to trial, a process that could take several more years.

·
Registered
386 Posts
everyone just needs to put their ***** away and get along. they both need each other. not sure why they are making it hard for each other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts