Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiat Professional will show "Fiat Ducato 4x4 Expedition" (RV show vehicle) at next Caravan Salon in Düsseldorf (Germany).

4x4 system, visco-coupled + self locking rear differential, is from Dangel, and it is only available with 2.3 diesel engine.

Fiat Professional press release (for now only in italian)
http://www.abarthpress.com/press/article/117161

technical sheet (in italian)
http://www.abarthpress.com/actionphp/download.php?id_brand=5&id_content=117161&filename=2015%2FFiat-Professional%2FSchede-Tecniche%2F150828_Fiat-Professional_Ducato-Camper-Van-Scheda-Tecnica_ITA.pdf&type=attach&subtype=price

·
Registered
61 Posts
Really?....
Great looking conversion...
Not trying to sound cocky, but those roads looked pretty tame. I wouldn't be afraid to drive any of those roads with a two wheel drive... Here is our camping spot on a gravel bar in the middle of a river last weekend, (decided we should leave in the morning after it had rained several hours and we noticed the river level rising... :) )
I don't own a promaster yet, but I'm betting a two wheel drive could have done all those roads..

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm not one for the 4x4 vans, and those were fairly tame roads, but... oh, yes please. And that looks way better (IMO) than the Sprinter 4x4.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Nice picture Scott B!

Sprinter sits high. (4 inches?)Then the stock height? 108 +4 = 112? I imagine this 4x4 will go a lot farther then ours despite the video.
Looks like the Ducato is not jacked up.
Thanks for posting MJAB.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I like it! The Dangel system has been posted on here before... quite interesting.

If there was a easy way to open up the wheel-wells to take a bit bigger tire it would look really nice.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've already driven my Promaster into more challenging terrain than that video! I would be interested in 4wd since its winter here about 6 months a year. FWD is okay but 4wd is better. Keeping it relatively low improves winter handling as well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dangle has a couple different ways to transfer power from a FWD, this one seems interesting:

"For a heavier duty application, the Peugeot Boxer High Mobility HM3 (Haute Mobilite, below left), the original transmission is entirely discarded. The engine remains in its original transverse mounting but a bevel gear and shaft take the drive rear-wards from the clutch output.

A new transmission is mounted in the centre of the van and drives the front wheels (with independent suspension) and the rear wheels (with a live axle) by propeller shafts. The gearbox is a very neat, flat unit and houses a 5-speed gearbox, high-ratio (1:1?) and low-ratio (2.1:1) reduction gears, and a lockable centre center --> differential. A dozen other applications for this neat box spring immediately to mind."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts