Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiamma makes awnings and attachment hardware that fits the Ducado, does anyone know of a online dealer that sells Fiamma other than Gowesty? Their awnings are lower profile and fit better than the available US made ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Robert Moorehead Design lab advertises on E-Bay selling a roof rack out of Europe that will also take the awning . A bit pricy at around $900 and some change
But I think its only for the high roof

I have no affiliation to him just happen to see it on E-Bay

·
Registered
358 Posts
That looks to be the 12.2 foot wide one, is this correct?!
Correct, little over 12 feet and mine is the manual model, not electric.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I inquired about this model as well and it appears that it can only come from Florida. But they weren't advising for me to use the S65 legless model since the roof may not support it.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Do they not have the legs on all of them? Can't you use the awning with or without?
I think it needs to be peg down in windy conditions.

Thanks Steve for the measurements.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Do they not have the legs on all of them? Can't you use the awning with or without?
I think it needs to be peg down in windy conditions.
Well, my F65s has legs! They can be staked down OR I also have two brackets mounted on the side of the ProMaster that accept the legs.

The legs are attached to the awning, and you rotate to deploy - whatever lenght the terrain requires. Looks like the max extension would be close to ten feet.

·
Registered
358 Posts
But they weren't advising for me to use the S65 legless model since the roof may not support it.
Don't know anything about the "legless" model. My F65s is mounted to the Ducato roofrack - never any mention of weight issues. The rack also carries my three solar panals, all without a problem so far.

Maybe "legless" = problems in high winds (wind weight loading)?

Curious, why do you want/need "legless"?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Don't know anything about the "legless" model. My F65s is mounted to the Ducato roofrack - never any mention of weight issues. The rack also carries my three solar panals, all without a problem so far.

Maybe "legless" = problems in high winds (wind weight loading)?

Curious, why do you want/need "legless"?
The electric legless one comes with a wind sensor that's suppose to roll it back up.

I wanted a legless one because I use my Promaster for work. With the legless version I can pull a vehicle up beside me and work it out of the rain.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Looks great! Is this by chance the legless version?
No not a legless one. But you can roll out 4 to 5 feet without the legs, any farther
then that I would use the legs. The legs can be staked to the ground or attach to
the side of the van.
The legs are built inside and are very simple to use.

·
Registered
358 Posts

Recieved awning this week and took about 30 minutes to install.
Takes like one minute to set up for camp.
Very happy with this!
Glad you were able to get it and are pleased.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts