Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awnings are an important component of my camping experience. I love the shade it gives at lunch and enjoying wine, a meal, and conversation during an evening downpour. The robust design of my side mounted 10' awning on my 14' Statcraft is a joy to use. The side mounted frame locks into a solid triangle that can handle 20mph constant with 35mph gusts. Rain and snow sloughs off if erected correctly. My PM will be delivered in June or July so I;m gathering components. I love the way the Fimma looks and functions but no experience. Bought one anyway because the Carefree was more $$$. Ive scoured this and the Sprinter forum but found few usage details. "Backroader" Steve says it works for him but I'd like hear more details: How do the factory brackets work on the stock roof mounts? I see some t-shaped nuts sticking up. Is that where it attaches? Do the t-nuts get replaced with bolts? My brackets are lost in shipment. The awning in the case is awesome and heavy,but cant see or evaluate till its mounted, Can it be partly deployed to handle wind better? Do the folding horizontal arms provide much stability? Are the wall brackets adequate? Any information and especially pictures are welcome. rob

?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts