Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this over at my build site and realized I might want a broader audience.

I'm looking at the Fiamma F65S awning, 3.7m and have a couple of questions:

1. Do I really need the motor kit? How easy and quick is the manual operation?
2. Can I open it only as far as I want? Let's say a foot or two if desired. I figure if I open it too far, it will need to be supported.
3. Will I want that center support for rainy and windy conditions? And, if I order the support, will it come with the end clips or will I have to order them separately?
4. How good does the awning case seal to the top of the van? I don't want water to pour between the gap and into the slider door.
5. Do the wall brackets come with the awning? I read that they do.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
1 Manual operation is very fast.
2 yes.
3 The optional center support comes with everything you need. Must have for windy conditions.
4 My F65s came with a seal that goes between the two end clamps. This prevents water from entering the
side door.
5 The brackets come with awning. Must specify "Promaster".

Sometimes I only open it a foot or two and sit on the floor by the side door when its raining enjoying a fresh coffee.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I know a guy who has a fiamma awning on his 144 sprinter. It was there when he bought it. I'm thinking I might could get him to sell it to me. Can I put this one on my promaster?

If it is a f65 Yes. You will need to order the brackets for promaster.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I put my F65 on the roof last fall and hope to actually use it now that spring is here. I haven't yet installed the leg wall brackets. In order to attach the forward bracket, the panelling in the pillar behind the passenger seat obviously has to come off. How easy is it to take that thing apart? Any suggestions on what to use around the screws and holes in the wall to keep the water out?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I put my F65 on the roof last fall and hope to actually use it now that spring is here. I haven't yet installed the leg wall brackets. In order to attach the forward bracket, the panelling in the pillar behind the passenger seat obviously has to come off. How easy is it to take that thing apart? Any suggestions on what to use around the screws and holes in the wall to keep the water out?

Use a two side tape and stainless nut and screw. Then when it is tightened it will seal it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts