Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Have had the van for about 1500 miles and notices a few things that are slightly annoying.

1. the TPMS is always on. My dealer had a few with the problem so an engineer was sent out to investigate. They tried to reload the sensors in the PCM and it worked for about 5 minutes and then came back on. The engineer said they are working on it as you read this.

2. Break squeak. Common issue they are also working on.

3. Radio - this one is weird. I have the radio without NAV or Sat radio. Its a UConnect unit. When I place a call using bluetooth it connects fine and the call works well. When I hang up, the radio stays in "phone" mode and will not return to the radio. Only way is to press the audio button to return.

3a. Radio - Presets loaded into the radio cannot be changed using the steering wheel controls and must be done by pressing the button on the radio. According to engineering, they are working on changing the logic, but who knows when that will happen.

4. LED lighting. I decided to try and replace a few bulbs with brighter LED lighting. It can be done, but you get a warning light saying a bulb is out. I know they need a load to fool the BCM into thinking its a standard bulb, but that defeats the main reason for using them. I only use them for the license plate lights.

5. The USB charging outlet right next to the 12v outlet is a waste. If you plug you phone in I get a message on the phone saying it will take longer to charge and to use the factory charger. In the manual and according to the engineer that it should be a 2A outlet. Its not. The other USB media port is the 2A outlet.

I do like the ride and the room. Cubbies are annoying as is the stupid clip board on the dash. When I removed the radio to inspect the connectors, I noticed it is easily removed. Now if they would only make something more useful in that area. What is up with the cupholder behind the power outlet on the dash. Its not level!
Also no grab handle on the passenger side! According to the engineers I talked to at RAM, it was the first thing they requested TWO years ago when they first heard the van was coming here. So what happened to it??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Manufactured 5-14

Really? No one has the radio issues, or maybe you just didn't notice?

We are a SIRIUS retailer so I use a head unit using the FM antenna at the radio. It feeds the info directly into it.
I like the TomTom unit I have and its always up to date and has traffic too.

·
Registered
604 Posts
What is up with the cupholder behind the power outlet on the dash. Its not level!
I think its supposed to be an ashtray holder; part of an available optional ashtray and lighter.

1000 miles and my brakes squeak intermittently to. There is a long thread on here about the issue...

I recall reading somewhere about having to add a resistor to any circuit in which you change to LED lighting?

The clipboard? I'm thinking of finding something to set on it to be my "mojo" in the van. That way it will serve some purpose... Ha. Ha.

I have the basic radio. Can't get it to play from my iphone. My plan is to upgrade to something else eventually anyway. Seems odd I have to push and hold the on switch for a two count just to get it it turn on or off...

Reading through this Forum it seems like there's quite a few little issues/inconsistencies with these and so many other vehicles today. Plus nobody can seem to produce a operating manual that actually gives reliable info on the vehicle operations. There always seems to be numerous things written incorrectly.

Corporate America doesn't rate 100% in my mind anymore, hasn't for awhile, when it comes to manufacturing and selling products anymore... a real shame. I do believe in buying USA when I can. I will admit this is my first non-Japanese auto in years - hope I don't end up regretting that change.

BUT overall I like my Promaster!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the exact same issues with my radio. I actually thought that was normal?
The only difference is mine has SAT radio. Let me know if you come up wit anything.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Notice the auction is titled "Intersior Shelf". The attention to detail in the spelling is about as good as the usefulness of the shelf!

The rest of your complaints are interesting to me because we come from different perspectives in how we use the PM. That I can't change the radio presets from the steering wheel doesn't bother me at all. That it even HAS a working radio is a big step up from the vans and trucks I'm used to!

The niggle that gets me with the radio is that I plug an iPhone into the driver USB. Works fine. I turn on the phone bluetooth and select it on the uConnect. Works fine. Shut the van off, then when I turn it back on, the uConnect has lost the connection with the USB, which means none of the transport controls work on the uConnect. But audio picks up where it left off, only over bluetooth. So I take the phone and turn off bluetooth, which reestablishes the USB, then turn the phone bluetooth back on and repair it with the uConnect, and then I'm back to where I started.

I guess my complaint is that the actual source ISN'T selectable on the uConnect. Said another way, you can't make track selections (other than next or previous) over bluetooth.

Not a huge deal, but a PITA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts