Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recieved a random call from the local Ram Commercial dealer in Jacksonville (phone number was actually Tampa). I took my van there once or twice but the lady called to check in on how my van was and to "improve" service. I didn't have the best of luck with that dealership, so I take it to the dealer I purchased it from which is about 1.5hrs away.

Here are some of the questions she asked:
How many miles? "30k"
Wow, that is low. You must not drive it often? "Im a sales rep and travel a bunch, but try to minimize my travels."
How long have you had it? "About 1.5yrs
How has your van been preforming? "Pretty great, I have a few warranty issues to resolve once I have time"
Do you have unusual tire wear? "No, rotate and check alignment every 8 to 10K miles"
That is great to hear!
Do you have any paint or body damage that is unusual? "No except for the roof (this was likely caused from the metal flakes from cutting in my fan, but I didnt tell her that")

Then once she asked about the paint and body damage she asked, "How do you keep it so clean and free of damage?". My reply, "ughhhh I wash it every month or so..."

She then said the reason she is asking is because some of the newer Promasters have been having issues and wanted to see if there was anything unusual going on with my body work. It was a strange segway and sort of revealing about what might be going on behind the scenes. It seems that the questions about tire wear and paint are maybe a common thing?

So has anyone else received these calls? Or had these follow-up questions? I haven't visited this dealer in over a year and just curious as to why they are calling now?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Interesting!
Maybe I am lucky. My '14 has had no body issues. Even the running lights up top are free of fogging. For a first year model, it has done well IMO.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a cold call for service to me. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Probably. She even admitted they were trying to make customer service better. I think most of us could agree this is the area the Promast lacks in is service.

Lets hope they get that area nailed and if they do it would be an A+ vehicle.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a cold call for service to me. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Probably. She even admitted they were trying to make customer service better. I think most of us could agree this is the area the Promast lacks in is service.

Lets hope they get that area nailed and if they do it would be an A+ vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts