Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2017 PMCityTradesman and received a mailing today urging me to signup for this FCA Business Link program. Other than my first (free) oil change and warranty issues I have no plans on servicing my vehicle at the dealer unless this somehow voids the warranty. Is this program really gonna make a difference when I do bring my van in or when needing emergency road service?

·
Super Moderator
10,200 Posts
I think they give you a small discount on parts (10%?) and a loaner vehicle

·
Banned
66 Posts
In theory Business Link customers get preference in the service bay. I have not found this to be true. If I remember the dealer has to be a participant in the Business Link program for all of the benefits to apply. As part of this program we did get free oil changes (4 on the RAM PMCs) when we purchased them. It is free so you have nothing to lose.

As far as going to the dealer for service - make sure that you check prices before you go to an independent shop. The dealer was cheaper for brakes and suspension work than an independent shop and can get parts faster in some cases.

Ram Business Link Page

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Much thanks to all that responded or gonna respond. Seems the consensus is all positive with no downside being mentioned. I'll be sure to enroll in the program. FWIW, my dealership on the whole has so many bad reviews on YELP that I'm reluctant to utilize any of their services. I've been using a local shop where I fully trust, do great work, very fair pricing and completes the job quickly/on time. I usually supply them with the oil/filter (always looking for sales on high quality replacements) when doing maintenance and they charge $1 for tire rotations. Not sure what the dealer charges but will be consulting my brother for bigger discounts on parts and what their pricing for labor is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anybody confirm the free loaner with BusinessLink applies to the PMC Tradesman model. BusinessLink site says only selected models are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts