Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Vanrug and intend on gluing it down and laying down 3/4 plywood on top. Anyone just use self-drilling screws to screw it down? Seems the easiest and quickest. Thanks.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,658 Posts
Don't glue it down. It's not going anywhere.
Actually, once it's installed, it's going everywhere the van goes! >:D

No need to glue the Van Rug down, just use the hold down ring locations with longer bolts to hold down the plywood on top.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I used the hold down rings with larger washers. All hardware purchased from McMasterCarr. Works great and I still have the hold down rings until more interior is built out

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just did this over the weekend.
... no glue... 3/4" quality plywood..... tie down locations.

I used the VanTred as a template, cut the plywood to shape (3 pieces).

With the VanTred placed back into position, I removed the factory tie down bolts and replaced them with
leaving a bit of the rod sticking above the VanTred.

Working from the rear I placed the plywood in place and then hammered a scrap board placed over the tie down location which left a perfect indentation on the plywood for the drilling location. Be careful not to pound too hard as you may blow the nut off of the floor bottom as I did at one location. A
was used to countersink the new bolts [
] I used.

I reused the washers from the original tie down hardware. There is a slight bowing between the sheets which could be fixed by perhaps biscuit jointing them, sheet metal screws or what I think my approach will be -- the cabinetry will once built will straighten it out. Once complete we will have a vinyl plank floor over the plywood.

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the floor in today. Used the rug for pattern as suggested above. Got a nice fit on the 3/4 inch plywood, it's not gonna move around. Used biscuits and glue in the joints. Feels solid. Figured the cabinetry will hold it down but went ahead and screwed it down with 2 inch #14 sheet metal screws. Got a good bite with them and cinched it down a bit to make it snug to the rug. I believe it's a bit quieter. Putting down gun stock colored self-stick vinyl planks over the plywood. Easy to replace if necessary. Thanks for the responses.:)

·
Premium Member
PM 136"HT Gas
6 Posts
VanRug as base and template

Uncle George, this is axactly what I was thinking and thought I would see if there were any comments, great. So it seems to be a really good idea. SO you just went with VanRug and plywood I guess. I was thinking of maybe putting another layer in there. Adventure wagon puts in Thinsulate and several layers of 1/8 foam? Not sure what foam it is but probably high density.

And use it as a template, genius!
I just picked up my 2018 136" PM yesterday.
Thanks, Brad

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UG,

If you can reach 'em... I'd get underneath and goop up the protruding screws to keep 'em from rusting, etc.

Just a thought!
Thanks, sounds like somethin' I oughta do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts