Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see square holes and other holes in the interior framing of the van, and some threaded holes.

I was thinking there is probably press in threads to use these openings for fasteners.

I am planning on insulating everything and I thought maybe these could help to fasten paneling to cover insulation.

I think there might be plastic kits with press in pieces for threading into these van metal rib frames.

Or how do you all insulate and panel van ?

I was then going to build shower and kitchen.

Thanks for advise.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I used some of the existing holes, but the odds of them being in the ideal location are low. The other big issue you'll have in securing paneling with the existing holes (Or even with rivnuts) is how do you mark exactly where the holes are when the panel is covering them. It's doable, but not as easy as it sounds. ;)

For securing cosmetic paneling I used 3/4" plywood furring strips and brad nails along with wafer head screws (Which I predrilled and added some Gorilla glue to the threads to prevent them from vibrating loose). I think I have had to tighten about 3 or 4 screws in 4 years and there are 100's of them in the build.

Also, I'd caution against paneling behind your shower and cabinets. With a permanent installation it not needed as those areas won't show anyhow, but it just adds cost and complexity and can lead to issues down the road if you need to repair of change something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts