Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PM came with the factory composite floor. I'm about ready to install a cabinet and I'm trying to figure out the strongest way to fasten it to the floor. Screws are the obvious answer, but I wonder about their holding power in the composite. I'm leaning towards epoxied in threaded inserts then I can bolt the cabinet down. What I am looking at is this: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/E-Z-Threaded-Insert-Internal-Threads/dp/B00207NF6W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502413174&sr=8-1&keywords=threaded+inserts[/ame]
Any thoughts, suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I understand it may not work for you but I think the cabinets should fit into cut outs in the flooring so the cabinet goes clear to the floor and the floor confines it to the space cut out for it. Thats the way my floor and cabinets are mounted with the cabinets bolted into the tie downs when available, the walls and ribs, and with turn buckles into the floor otherwise. They CANNOT slide forward in an accident. The bolts into the ribs secures it from tilting forward. I cannot conceive of a safer system.

Reactions: Poppabear

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand it may not work for you but I think the cabinets should fit into cut outs in the flooring so the cabinet goes clear to the floor and the floor confines it to the space cut out for it. Thats the way my floor and cabinets are mounted with the cabinets bolted into the tie downs when available, the walls and ribs, and with turn buckles into the floor otherwise. They CANNOT slide forward in an accident. The bolts into the ribs secures it from tilting forward. I cannot conceive of a safer system.
I whole heartily agree that your method is both solid and secure. I will be using the horizontal channels and vertical ribs to bolt the cabinets to. I really don't want to cut out or take up the composite floor as I kind of like the durability of it. Once all the cabinet installs are done we plan to but down carpet where we will be walking or possibly throw rugs. (Sorry I strayed from by point) I want to figure out a viable method of fastening them to the floor. I am mulling over using L brackets at the base of the cabinets fastened to the floor by the best means possible. Be it screws or bolts with anchor nuts of some sort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts