Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a way to bypass the fasten seat belt chime? I drives me crazy. I always wear a seatbelt, but don't always click it right away.
Thanks!

·
Registered
886 Posts
I've been meaning to search for that thing. I think this weekend I'll go hunting for it. If I can find it, I'll poke the speaker with a screw driver, or cover it with duct tape. Anything to reduce the noise to a normal level.

·
Super Moderator
8,987 Posts
Has anyone tried to get the dealer to reprogram it to off? I know when bought my Sprinter the dealer was only too happy to do it for me but I live in a state where seat belts are not required for adults.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kov let me know what you find. I'm gonna see if I can tilt the steering wheel a little this weekend. (Apparently it can be done. There's info in a different thread about it)
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,987 Posts
Arch, I just made up some small pieces of hardboard with a sq hole in them to put in the seatbelt. They work perfectly and are easily popped out if necessary plus they don't modify anything at all! Just trace the male end of your seatbelt and make your own up out of ⅛" hardboard or aluminum and you're good to go.

here are some images:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have tried the dealer and tried the programming sequence and nothing worked but a $22 stubby seatbelt extender off ebay. Now I have no chime when I don't want to buckle up. I wear my belt when driving but not when I'm driving on site.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KOV
I knew you'd think if something! Problem is I will hafta remove it each time I buckle up. Maybe I'll go with the extender....

·
Super Moderator
8,987 Posts
It's no problem, it just pops out in your hand when you push down on the red seat belt release button. It also has a very attractive price $0:D

·
Registered
886 Posts
I went searching for the alarm this weekend. To my ear, I think it's behind the speedometer display. I removed a lot of dash panels, but never got there. The sun shield panel over the speedometer has 2 screws. I removed those, but then was faced with what else was holding the panel. Pull, pry and break some clip...... I decided against that and gave up.

I'll bet the alarm is part of the instrument cluster panel. Once I find it, I'll put duck tape over it to lessen the noise.

If anyone out there bought the service manual, can you look at what's holding that panel in the place.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yes.. be sure and post a few photos and a 'how to' when you find that speaker..
can you do a How To remove the dash panels that youve gotten to so far? Ill start there and work my way in once i know how to get the first ones off.
thanks

·
Registered
886 Posts
I found a photo of the back of the instrument cluster.

It looks like we can't get to the buzzer, even if we get the panel off.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Has anybody figured out a way yet other than the seat belt extenders? My F250 had a sequence of presses with the key FOB or something that worked like a charm. Not looking forward to battling with the dealer on this one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Only the dealer can disable the chime, which is what my dealer did since we have a motorhome. Disabling the chime will silence it while underway, but will still scream at you upon startup if your belt isn't buckled...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts