Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've searched on here and looked at a lot of YouTube videos. I've seen both ways on YouTube. Is everyone using self-tapping screws to mount their Fantastic Fan or using just adhesive? I'm also using the outside adapter that I bought from Hein. Is the standard method to glue down the adapter then screw only into it?

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
I did what KOV says, butyl rubber under the fan's plastic flange, screws through it, the steel van top, then into a wood spacer to make the required thickness for the Fantastic Vent. Lastly I used Dicor self leveling over the screws and around the perimeter of the plastic flange. Solid and no leak.

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
A slick video that show everything you shouldn't do installing a fan (other than protecting the roof from metal chips, rust and dents!

Most if these "how to" videos do nothing but cause people to do things the wrong way. That sealant tape they put over the screws just about says it all to me. These people don't have a clue!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks. I just came across the instructions with the adapter and it says roughly the same thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts