Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Promaster 2500 - 159wb with a high roof
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! We’re in Boston and just started converting our 2019 promaster 2500 with a 159wb and a high roof. We are making space for our family of four and plan to get on the road by the Fourth of July!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Lots of info on rear seating here on the forum, not an easy thing to do safely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum! Lots of info on rear seating here on the forum, not an easy thing to do safely.
Thanks!
I saw those posts and they made me reconsider a lot of things based on safety concerns. As to the seats, I’m getting them installed professionally by an established truck and van upfitter.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Not all professional upfitters install seats safely. Seats in the rear of RVs have no safety requirements. It will be upto you to ensure that the install is "safe". There are no standards/requirements for rear seats in a promaster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not all professional upfitters install seats safely. Seats in the rear of RVs have no safety requirements. It will be upto you to ensure that the install is "safe". There are no standards/requirements for rear seats in a promaster.
So how do I know they’re “safe?” The upfitter’s using Ford Transit take-out seats with the rails, and a Freedman seat plate under the chassis.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,604 Posts

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,604 Posts
Also some on here have gone above and beyond what's required.

·
Super Moderator
10,695 Posts
Thread closed as this is the introductory forum please post in a more relevant forum for best results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.