Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the Nav radio in our van and have had several issues with it.

• Nav would occasional produce a blank screen.
  • Radio would jump from XM to USB
  • Radio would start with a "code error please wait" screen
Dealers of course could not reproduce these errors. Finally it started shutting off every 3 minutes or so, stay off for about 30 seconds and then restart...until 3 minutes had passed and it would do it again. Finally something easily repeatable.

Dealer in Daytona put us in for a new radio. Of course this radio was on back order for a month. Luckily we were hanging around for over 2 months.

New radio is in and seems to be working correctly - of course the Nav system still sucks but that is another story.

One thing I have noticed is the new radio stays on after you turn off the ignition but shuts off when you open the door. I thought the old one either shut off when you turned the key off or stayed on even if you opened the door.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
...One thing I have noticed is the new radio stays on after you turn off the ignition but shuts off when you open the door. I thought the old one either shut off when you turned the key off or stayed on even if you opened the door.
I'll check but I think that's normal operation... wonder if your old one had a Canbus problem...

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
521 Posts
In my 17 opening the drivers door turns off the radio. Not so with the passenger door. You can climb out the passenger side and it stays on for about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The radio can be set to turn off with key off or remain on for 20 minutes.
Settings >Audio>Radio Off Delay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts