Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
I ordered mine January 12, 2017. Its been in JB - Body Vendor for just about a month. I'd like some idea of a shipping date so the CHAT guy looked into it and emailed me the following:

Vehicle Description: RAM 3500 PROMASTER CARGO 159" EXT

Hello Paul, I have received information from our Ram Center The order to delivery timing for any ProMaster is a minimum of 4-5 months and that is an estimate only. Your 2017 Ram 3500 ProMaster is in the status of "Shipped to Body Vendor" pending the installation of additional equipment. We are unable to provide or predict how long it will take to complete this stage or when the vehicle may be released for shipment. The consumer is to feel free to contact our Ram ProMaster Support team at 866-726-4636 prompt "ProMaster". The ProMaster Support team is operational from 8:00AM to 10:00PM Monday through Friday EST . Thanks Dylan

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
UPDATE June 24, 2017: Fellow PM forum member, Tom, reports spp has stopped doing order tracking on the RAM forum. US orders still have the FCA phone/chat option. Canadian orders are stuck with dealer calls. PS, I tried calling the US phone service, but my VIN showed it was Canadian and they refused to help.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
I ordered mine in February 2017. After 3 months I inquired with the dealer I ordered it from and was told there was no way to track the vehicle production/shipping status. I called the FCA 1800 number and they tracked the vehicle's production/shipping status instantly. Dealer was incompetent about this and most other aspects of the PM. Call FCA.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered mine in February 2017. After 3 months I inquired with the dealer I ordered it from and was told there was no way to track the vehicle production/shipping status. I called the FCA 1800 number and they tracked the vehicle's production/shipping status instantly. Dealer was incompetent about this and most other aspects of the PM. Call FCA.
Thanks for this! I'll try. I've red though that when it's a canadian order, FCA is not willing to help. But I'll try. Problem is I don't have any VON / VIN to verify whatsoever...

As for dealers not knowing much... I actually gave the dealer the code list I found on this site and he said he'd be looking for a long time for these code description! Ironic isn't it! haha!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Wish I had that link when my van was being made!

Id try telling the dealer you need the VIN so you can get insurance, so that you can drive the vehicle when it arrives. You need the VIN to get an insurance quote. I think the dealer did not like that I called FCA and called them out on their incorrect information so if you tell them you want the VIN so you can track your order (supposedly impossible for a dealer) they might not give it to you...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I got this VIN: 3C6URVJG4JE152704

Weird though because the sites that have been posted here mention that I could track with the 8 last numbers of the VIN or VON. Mine has only 6 numbers at the end...

Any idea?

·
Registered
703 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I got this VIN: 3C6URVJG4JE152704

Weird though because the sites that have been posted here mention that I could track with the 8 last numbers of the VIN or VON. Mine has only 6 numbers at the end...

Any idea?
The vin is 16 digits and is different than the 8 digit von. The von I believe is the two groups of 4 numbers to the right of the vin and van type on the monroney. They did have a von tracker that you would have your email addy attached to the von by the dealer and you should have got an update weekly. But as I know it all vots (order trackers) were discontinued to my knowledge.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I plugged the VIN into the window sticker server out of curiosity... careful, it's written in Klingon :p:rolleyes:

https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=3C6URVJG4JE152704

$37,800 USD at todays exchange rate - less the good will, good guy, charity discounts... Will be a fine cruiser!

Sorry I'm no help, I bought mine off the lot...
Thanks for this! It actually helps me because I can see what options were selected... Unfortunately it does not match the quote I was given by the dealer. Some options on there are extra and some others are missing... I have sent an email to my dealer to see what's next!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi All,

I have been having a tough time finding a suitable Promaster. Now I think I have found one, still in KZ shipping status. The dealer is not helpful at all in providing updates. Just off the phone with the CAC person who while very courteous, explained that since their tracking system ‘switched over’ last October, they have no more visibility beyond KZ status (KZ = built, in transit).

Thought I would post this to see if anyone has any recent experience in determining shipping status that differs. Many of the websites quoted earlier in this stale thread are no longer functional. Anyone have a better way of tracking estimated deliveries? Part of my dilemma is whether or not to keep looking... I have been mislead by too many dealers at this point to be comfortable just waiting around with no contract, no firm price, no delivery date...

Thanks for any recent experience/advice.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts