Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrysler HAD an online order tracking system, but it's been down for the last couple years. While googling, I stumbled onto a functional alternative. A member (spp) of the RAM FORUM compiles a daily status report that lists everyone who previously provided their VON/VIN number. I don't know how it works, but spp's location is Michigan -- just sayin'.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=218226

You'll have to subscribe first. Then go to the thread above, read the first post for instructions, then jump to the end and post your request along with your VON/VIN.

My VON was less than 12 hours old when I posted my request last night, and my user ID was already listed in this morning's status update showing Status=?? Patience ....

Enjoy, gang

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: When you submit your tracking request, be sure to let SPP know it's for a ProMaster so the right database gets queried. Most are tracking RAM pickups. This is super cool! Near-daily progress updates (M-F, when he has time). This is better than NORAD's Santa Tracker :)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE#2: Feedback from spp over on the RAM forum:

Quote: Originally Posted by SteveSS
Thanks, spp. It's been a full week since I ordered my Promaster. I'll sure be relieved when it shows up on your radar. Patience, grasshopper ....

Promasters are one of those things that take a bit of time to show up and then bam, done.

Quote: Originally Posted by SteveSS
A while back spp said Promaster orders behave differently in his system. Are there other differences in Promaster production verses other RAM trucks?

It's that plant. They do things a bit different than the rest (at least its noticeable from my perspective)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Monday, 2/6/2017
SteveSS
  • VON/VIN: HE538088
  • Status: D - Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number: A VIN! Materials should have been ordered by this point if all goes well, you should have a truck.
Two weeks after placing it, my order finally appeared in FCA's tracking system. Hallelujah! This is really happening! :D

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spp is tracking PMs for 3 of us now. Here's some stuff to help pass the time while waiting:

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=9117&mid=1
List of FCA manufacturing plants in North America

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/factsheets.do
Factsheets about those plants

https://www.google.com/maps/place/F...45ba83ca8340b!8m2!3d25.2599839!4d-101.1081621
Google Maps and Street View images of the Saltillo Van Assembly Plant, right next door to the Body Stamping Plant, and the Saltillo South Engine Plant (PM's Pentastar 3.6L V-6)
Take a look at the big railhead parking lot at the NE corner of the van plant. So what colour are most PMs?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happy Birthday, Shiny!

Our van is right on schedule so far. It was built over the past few days and now it's in Inspection.:D
Shout out to Rookerlw for telling me about another way to get factory order status updates.

Just go here:
https://m.ramtrucks.com/en/mobile/we...ice/index.html
Click on Contact Us, choose Chat, fill out your name and VIN and ask Customer Care for current status.

It's US Customer Care. FCA-Canada doesn't provide chat service. So I used a VPN to connect through San Francisco.:nerd:

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I have tried Chat five times and only succeeded in getting an update once. They look it up, see it's a Canadian order and refuse to help. Thankfully, SPP works or I'd be forced to bug my dealer (repeatedly).

·
Registered
79 Posts
All I've been able to get from Customer Care is that my vehicle is in KZ status (for 2 weeks now). I asked if it had shipped. They said they weren't authorized to tell me that! All they could say was that it was in KZ status and the dealership had been billed. They also said that the estimated arrival date to the dealer is now May 9th. Since it went KZ in the last week of March, that seemed like a long travel time (6 weeks?!) from Mexico to Los Angeles.

So yesterday headed to my dealership. They looked it up and said it's still in KZ, hasn't left Saltillo yet, and has been on HOLD since April 3rd for Quality Control - whatever that means.

Lex

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So yesterday headed to my dealership. They looked it up and said it's still in KZ, hasn't left Saltillo yet, and has been on HOLD since April 3rd for Quality Control - whatever that means.
That's odd. According to SPP, a QC hold should be code JS. JS is a good thing. They found something wrong and they are fixing it. But why report it as KZ (awaiting shipment)?

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's odd. According to SPP, a QC hold should be code JS. JS is a good thing. They found something wrong and they are fixing it. But why report it as KZ (awaiting shipment)?
I saw the KZ myself and the progression of 20 changes in status from order inception to current status. Last 3 changes remained KZ with only the comments section changing to give a hint as to what was going on. Last comment was Hold for Quality Control.

I have a class to teach May 6/7 and may have to rent again at $350 for the week. Very annoying since that is a monthly payment on the new van wasted on a rental.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Steve, spp shows your van delivered! I am jealous. Mine was built 2 weeks before yours and shows still in Mexico "awaiting shipment". I'm also very surprised since you're in Canada and they only built your van a week or so ago. You are clearly living right or I'm doing something terribly wrong.

I also noticed that doberman, who had a build date a couple of days after mine, is still in JB and at the upfitting vendor. Nice to know my van's not the only one in jail awaiting parole.

Lex

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Steve, spp shows your van delivered! I am jealous. Mine was built 2 weeks before yours and shows still in Mexico "awaiting shipment". I'm also very surprised since you're in Canada and they only built your van a week or so ago. You are clearly living right or I'm doing something terribly wrong. I also noticed that doberman, who had a build date a couple of days after mine, is still in JB and at the upfitting vendor. Nice to know my van's not the only one in jail awaiting parole. Lex
But I don't have it! It's probably a glitch, but I've asked my dealer for an update, just in case. <fingers crossed>
UPDATE: Dealer reports the FCA system shows it's still KZ at the factory. Last event, 4/7/2016, Ingate/Rebay at Facility (whatever that means). Delivery window: 4/26 - 5/02.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No updates from spp in a while, so I asked my dealer for an update. Last known location was Laredo, TX on April 19. Estimated arrival in Vancouver, BC, April 30 - May 6. Plus another week or so for dealer prep and delivery to me in Victoria. Then the fun begins!

FYI, you can download the official window sticker and build sheet for a VIN# by following the links in the first post of this thread: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=218226

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Really, a week? What is the dealer going to do with it for a week? Mine arrived on a Thursday evening and they had the thing washed and cleaned up and a tech was running the computer on it Friday so I stopped in to visit with him. Diesel trained PM certified Tech. He had a long list of checks to do. I was happy with what I saw so Saturday I came in, drove it and signed the papers. KOV stopped in with his Citrön to see the virgin in all its new vehicle look and smell and off I went home. BTW it as a PM then a Fiat Ducato now.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A week is just my cautious estimate, but I promise not to complain if it's quicker. After dealer prep on the mainland, someone has to take it by ferry to Victoria where I take delivery.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We picked up our PM today! It is even more awesome than we imagined! Order to delivery was about 3.5 months, which matches the original 3-4 month estimate from the dealer. Now the fun begins!

·
Registered
843 Posts
May I be the first to congratulate you for the new member of the family . I'll be looking forward to your build. Happy Motoring !

1 - 20 of 36 Posts