Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am deciding on specs for ordering a 2018 PM 159" high top. When I test drove one, I felt like I was about as high up as I'd even want to be. The model I tested did not have swivel seats. I asked the dealer if the swivel seats raise you up any higher and he didn't know. Anyone in the 6'3" range that has driven a PM with swivel seats? Can you sit up straight?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I do not know about the height of the factory swivel, but I do know a lot of folks get a lowered base if they get the aftermarket swivel since it adds about 1.5". The lowered base drops around 1.75" The bases are from Eurocamper and are on back order until April.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am deciding on specs for ordering a 2018 PM 159" high top. When I test drove one, I felt like I was about as high up as I'd even want to be. The model I tested did not have swivel seats. I asked the dealer if the swivel seats raise you up any higher and he didn't know. Anyone in the 6'3" range that has driven a PM with swivel seats? Can you sit up straight?
The factory swivels definitely have lowered bases. They also have a height adjustment. I'm just over 6' so not as tall as you. I'll try to remember to check height adjustment and headroom when I'm next in my van.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The factory swivels have 2 wheels on the side to adjust seat base tilt, height etc. Front wheel can raise the front. rear wheel can raise the rear. Adjust them together to sort out the tilt. I am 1/4" under 6'. girlfriend is 5'4" She could get more comfortable in the factory swivel seats than the regular factory seats. Friend of mine who is a few inches over 6' had an issue where his thigh bone is longer than mine, his knee would hit the dash around where the key fob dangles. My knee is close but no issues with dash or keys as long as I only have the factory key dangling.

If you want to know how the factory swivel seats are and the local dealer has none, head to your local Winnebago RV place and sit in a class B Travato. They are built on RV package Promasters.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have factory swivels and I'm 6'2". As mentioned in other posts there are two wheels that allow one to raise the front and rear of seat cushion. I have mine all the way up, front and back and the seat is moved all the way back on the track. I found after getting used to the "sitting in a chair feeling" that I'm quite comfortable. I could use a longer seat cushion, but that is the case in all cars for me (except sport seats with extendable cushion, like in BMWs). Now when I drive my wife's Golf R I find that I'm literally sitting on the floor with my legs extended like I'm in a kayak, I don't like it anymore. I also don't have any headroom issues in the highest position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts