Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Bump. Question about partition removal.

I'm flying in to pick up my used van and immediately taking it on a long road trip. I'll be sort of using it as a big tent with my backpacking gear and wanted to remove the partition before I head out on my road trip home.

Anyone remember what bolt sizes/tools are needed to remove this partition? I saw vice grips above, so can bring those, but any input on bolt head sizes, so I can have the necessary tools with me?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bump. Question about partition removal.

I'm flying in to pick up my used van and immediately taking it on a long road trip. I'll be sort of using it as a big tent with my backpacking gear and wanted to remove the partition before I head out on my road trip home.

Anyone remember what bolt sizes/tools are needed to remove this partition? I saw vice grips above, so can bring those, but any input on bolt head sizes, so I can have the necessary tools with me?
5mm Allen key.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Easy peasy. 5mm, vice grips for the 2 headless bolts, and uou also need a T30 star nut for 2 of the holddown bolts the bottom. Took me about 5 minutes total to get it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello! I am actually looking for a factory partition. Low or High Roof is OK. Please reply if you know anyone who is looking to sell factory partition for Promaster. Thank You.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sorry for the necropost, but on my 2017 it took a T40 torx rather than a T30. To remove the 'head it took:
5mm hex, 40mm torx, 13mm wrench for bolt on the bottom, and the aforementioned vise grips.

I recommend removing the security fasteners with the vise grips *first* so the bulkhead is snugged down by other fasteners. If nearby fasteners have already been removed the security fasteners have more tension on them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can anyone provide some insight on removing the factory partition? I thought it would be an easy job, however, there is some odd type of bolt/fastener on each side on the cross bar that I cannot figure out how to remove. From the cargo bay side, it looks almost like some sort of rounded metal cap was put on it and the threaded bolt chopped off. From the cab side, I had to remove some side panels and peek into the frame just to get a look at it. I've never seen anything like it before. Almost looks like a threaded bolt with a metal sleeve around it that was then crimped down around the bolt. Even if I could figure out how to remove it, from the cab side which seems to be the only option, I don't even know how to get a tool in there to access it.
Post a photo on the bolt
I'm in the process of removing my partition. I'm gonna try the vice grip route once I find where I left my tool. Here is a picture of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can anyone provide some insight on removing the factory partition? I thought it would be an easy job, however, there is some odd type of bolt/fastener on each side on the cross bar that I cannot figure out how to remove. From the cargo bay side, it looks almost like some sort of rounded metal cap was put on it and the threaded bolt chopped off. From the cab side, I had to remove some side panels and peek into the frame just to get a look at it. I've never seen anything like it before. Almost looks like a threaded bolt with a metal sleeve around it that was then crimped down around the bolt. Even if I could figure out how to remove it, from the cab side which seems to be the only option, I don't even know how to get a tool in there to access it.
go to home depot and buy a screw extractor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry for the necropost, but on my 2017 it took a T40 torx rather than a T30. To remove the 'head it took:
5mm hex, 40mm torx, 13mm wrench for bolt on the bottom, and the aforementioned vise grips.

I recommend removing the security fasteners with the vise grips first so the bulkhead is snugged down by other fasteners. If nearby fasteners have already been removed the security fasteners have more tension on them.
excellent idea

21 - 33 of 33 Posts