Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys... Super-Stoked to have just picked up a new PM 2500 Hi-Roof 159" WB... Got home and started playing with it and found out that the two extra key fobs that came with it don't do squat! They will open the driver's door (manually) but nothing via the buttons on the fob. Also: when I crank up the engine with either of the "spares" it will start and then just cut-off right after starting up; How crazy is that? The one key that was given to me by the salesman works fine. It's the extra keys that came in the Welcome packet that don't want to work... Any thoughts? Thanks, JD

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sounds likely that they gave you keys that are not programmed for your van. The keys have to be programmed so your van recognizes them as the correct key, otherwise the anti-theft system will shut the ignition off after a set amount of time. Maybe they gave you the spares for another van on the lot, or maybe they are your spares, but they were not programmed correctly. Either way you will want to check with the dealer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep; Pretty sure your right cause they were running around like crazy trying to find the "customer pack" that came with my stock number.
Bummer for me cause the dealer I purchased from is a ways from me. I wonder if any Ram dealer can program the fobs??? Thx. JD

·
Registered
129 Posts
I ordered an extra valet key when I picked up my PM. I use a Viper alarm and needed a spare for my second Viper keyfob.

The dealer called me a few days ago and said the factory is all sold out of keys and it will be thirty days.

Better leave your spare - valet key - at home or somewhere safe. Geez - if you lose both you are screwed. Apparently - according to the dealer - there is no way to start the beast w/o a registered to your VIN key.

Could you imagine having both keys in one place and losing them or getting them stolen?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts