Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share this link with a little info about the extra fuel tank port. I'm planning on putting a Parking heater in my van this spring/summer for next winter. somewhere on here there is a lil info on this heater that others have done. This gives a little info about the extra port and having to use a check valve, and the fact that it wont drain your tank completely so you can still make it to a gas station. Well here's the link http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2014/van/docs/vf/drec.pdf

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Thanks for that. I read it before I installed the Espar diesel heater in my van and was led to believe, by those who had proceeded me that no check valve was needed. I believe that to be true, as the heater has preformed well and no code related to the fuel system has shown itself in one and a half years. The gasoline version of the van may well need such a thing as it has evaporative vapor recovery etc. There are others here that have added gasoline heaters. I saw that document as less of a procedural directive as a legal “we are not responsible” statement and a check valve would be logical for legal protection even if not needed. But hey, what do I know?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I also saw the document and went without a check valve on my diesel. I started with a check valve, but my heater's pump was having trouble pulling fuel through it, so I removed it. No problems here either.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so are you guys pleased with the heaters? is it loud? heat well?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where did you locate yours. I want to put mine directly behind the passenger seat and build a step around it for when I install the swivel seats

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Interesting you ask as I mounted mine behind the drivers seat and under a raised platform for the swivel seat to be used at a dinette. It is loud when starting but not nearly as loud as a propane furnace we had in our last RV. It cycles down to a reasonable quiet once it has been on a while but if you over-insulate then it will shut off and restart. Our insulation is designed to let it run at it’s lowest level and not shut off at 32ºF above that we just use it in the evening and morning anyway. Below we need it at night and it runs nice and quiet.
See: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240625&postcount=55
It heats great and we are very happy with it. I cannot see it’s use of diesel has any effect on my mileage!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,521 Posts
RD demonstrated his heater to us a few days ago. Last night with shore power we used our electric heater on low, which we generally consider quiet. Not much difference in noise level.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RD I saw your write up and thanks. I cant wait to pick one up. I'm not gonna hurry cause winter is already here and ill be ice fishing in my free time real soon, I plan on getting one installed this summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts