Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here purchased an extended warranty at the point of purchase for their Promaster? I'm well aware of the fact that statistically it's rarely a good buy, but with the powertrain warranty dropping to 60k on the gas 16's I may consider if that's what I end up buying this Spring. What are dealers offering warranty wise on the Promasters?

·
Super Moderator
10,659 Posts
I guess it all depends on how cheap you can get it and how good it really is. I also make a practice of never buying an extended warenttee as they are usually a poor value. One thing to keep in mind is most real problems show up within the first year and the gas Promasters drive train has been pretty well time tested in many other different vehicles. It has a proven record and personally I wouldn't but then again I'm a cheap SOB :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought the diesel so the powertrain warranty is pretty good. We had them include a 7 year 75K mile bumper to bumper warranty at no extra charge to seal the deal. I learned with my 2004 Sprinter that the powertrain warranty is great and all, but it is the little stuff that is not considered the powertrain that can nickel and dime a person.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I too am a cheap SOB! I did not get a extended warranty when I purchased my Diesel thinking that if something is going to go wrong with it, chances are that it would happen during the standard warranty period. Sure enough had a issue the first few hundred miles and the Van was down for 30 plus days waiting for parts! Dealing with FCA was very smooth and as part of the negotiated settlement with them was a 5 year 100,000 mile bumper to pumper. The Van runs awesome now! If you want to know more about my situation check out, My story My build. Cheers

·
Registered
186 Posts
No Charge extended warranty

I too am a cheap SOB! I did not get a extended warranty when I purchased my Diesel thinking that if something is going to go wrong with it, chances are that it would happen during the standard warranty period. Sure enough had a issue the first few hundred miles and the Van was down for 30 plus days waiting for parts! Dealing with FCA was very smooth and as part of the negotiated settlement with them was a 5 year 100,000 mile bumper to pumper. The Van runs awesome now! If you want to know more about my situation check out, My story My build. Cheers
Not that I Would recommend this process, but I also received a no charge 5yr/100k bumper to bumper warranty thru the replacement process when the first PM diesel had issues. Coming from a Automotive background, normally I say no to extended warranties and spend the funds on aggressive maintenance schedule. For some the piece of mind can be worth the price, dealers sure like them as the profits are many times more then the vehicles.

Reactions: johnnybesurfing
1 - 5 of 5 Posts