Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new 2014 Promaster 1500 136" HR came to us with fabric covered walls/ceiling over 1/4" AC ply with fiberglass insulation and vinyl flooring. Our plan is to add pine paneling to the interior walls, but we are not sure if we should remove the fiberglass and install thinsulate or just keep the fiberglass? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Our Sprinter had some fiberglass batting in the walls but it was fairly easy to pull out. I put it in the attic of our house where it belongs. Be sure to wear a dust mask and long sleeves when working with fiberglass. You'll probably feel more comfortable (literally and figuratively) once the Thinsulate(TM) is in there. (salesman talk)

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Review the many insulation threads to understand the issues and choices. I’m a fan of glued in Polyisocyanurate 1” sheets in the large areas and Thinsulate in the ribs and highly curved areas like over the cab. I’d pull the fiberglass.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Review the many insulation threads to understand the issues and choices. I’m a fan of glued in Polyisocyanurate 1” sheets in the large areas and Thinsulate in the ribs and highly curved areas like over the cab. I’d pull the fiberglass.

Thanks all for the inputs. If I do leave the fiberglass, what am I giving up? Acoustics or?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Sound deadening, condensation protection, heat loss by convection, and added glass fibers in your lungs, no biggie.

·
Super Moderator
10,163 Posts
There is a good reason manufactures use fiberglass insulation & Romex type wire in their builds - cheap and easy = larger profit.

Will it hurt you - no. Is it the best way to do it - no!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts