Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
Improve? What does that mean? More HP (probably not gonna happen), Prettier? (who sees it), Louder? (why?), Quieter (why?)??

·
Registered
969 Posts
To be honest, ive never even looked at the exhaust system to see if theres any room for improvement. My guess is that even if there was, you'd be trading low end torque for high end horsepower. I could go weeks before I ever go above 3500rpm, so Id never see any benefit.

·
Registered
314 Posts
When I rerouted mine it eliminated the restricted section above the axle. Its a little shorter dumping in front of the tire but still retains the stock resonators. It probably flows a little better at WOT but the van will seldom see that. No noticeable difference in sound but allot more usable area for tanks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Reprograming and keeping the weight down should give you usable results. Modern engines are built pretty efficient nowadays.

·
Premium Member
8,716 Posts
I was thinking more horsepower and mileage...?
Those days are over by and large. I have watched the motorcycle forums where exhaust was once the holy grail of performance increases and most agree even there the stock is not to be improved on for more that minuscule increases for huge investment. Good luck but..... Space savings using the origional components and bent pipe, yes. Performance gains- not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts