Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of rerouting the tailpipe to the front of the drivers rear wheel. It will allow more stuff to be mounted in the spare tire area; generator. I noticed a small resonator and the pipe is reduced (squished) above the axle. I wonder if the dealer will deny warrantee. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm thinking of rerouting the tailpipe to the front of the drivers rear wheel. It will allow more stuff to be mounted in the spare tire area; generator. I noticed a small resonator and the pipe is reduced (squished) above the axle. I wonder if the dealer will deny warrantee. Any thoughts?
It might not pass inspection? Some rules/laws/regulations state the exhaust must exit behind the area occupants occupy. If so, if you have the wall behind the seats you may be able to do it?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Had to add I do not think they will warranty the exhaust after mod.
I did mine in April and have 10,000kms on it.
I left the little resonator off. Has a different sound but not louder.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had to add I do not think they will warranty the exhaust after mod.
I did mine in April and have 10,000kms on it.
I left the little resonator off. Has a different sound but not louder.
Did you elbow after the long skinny resonator?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
uncubed,

Is that the van exhaust or the generator exhaust? I've seen lots of RVs with the generator exhaust out the side like that.

Ed
That is the exhaust (2 1/2 inch) The generator is ( I'm guessing) 1 inch.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If anyone has more info on this topic I too am looking to re-route my exhaust so I have more room for a generator, fresh, black and grey tanks etc.

I live in California which might make this a problem.

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
892 Posts
If anyone has more info on this topic I too am looking to re-route my exhaust so I have more room for a generator, fresh, black and grey tanks etc.

I live in California which might make this a problem.
I also live in California. What is the "problem"? Smog? Any certified smog center will not care where the tailpipe is.

The warranty on the exhaust shouldn't bother anyone as exhaust modifications are very common.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts