Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2015 Diesel Promaster bought at approx 30k miles. Now has 34k. The exhaust Gas Sensor Monitor is not clearing. The check engine light had gone on for a glow plug and the electronics had to be replaced. Has been driven over 100 miles since then.

Any ideas on how to resolve that without going to dealer?

Any reason to believe this is something systemic?

Van hasn't had any issues while running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
This is not fully clear to me. "exhaust Gas Sensor Monitor not clearing” Is this a code? Can you not clear the code with a code reader?
What electronics were replaced? Could this be a wiring or wire plug issue?

It is good it is not showing any symptoms. I doubt it is systemic if by that you mean others have it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is not fully clear to me. "exhaust Gas Sensor Monitor not clearing” Is this a code? Can you not clear the code with a code reader?
What electronics were replaced? Could this be a wiring or wire plug issue?

It is good it is not showing any symptoms. I doubt it is systemic if by that you mean others have it.

Thanks for the response! It's more a code there's no codes showing. When I plug in my code scanner there are a set of monitors that need to be complete before smog can be run. My understanding is that you normally have to drive it for some time before these all complete...like EVAP system, etc.

Will check to see what electronics were replaced.

By systemic I meant that since I had a glow plug issue and now this...is there something maybe more deeply wrong with the vehicle? Like, is this any reason to believe this is one of the "bad ones?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Egad NO! Don’t go there. Give the EGR time to satisfy the computer that everything is there and working. In the meantime you might have checked the VIN for past work? You need to see a dealer to confirm that this is a warrantee concern you have so that future possible issues in this system are covered. It can’t hurt.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You drive this van around town only you're going to have problems with this diesel that's the bottom line! Take it to the dealer make sure that they get everything written so will be covered under warranty I suggested.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Look for a long thread by me. I'm still dealing with this problem. Would love to know if you get this sorted. I've driven 11000 miles with it not resetting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts