Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Winter fast approaching adding a remote start to my Promaster has become a priority. I was looking at my options and found the Evo-One supposedly works on these and has some very intriguing options. Does anyone here have one of these on their Promaster? Anything to say about it good or bad?

http://www.fortin.ca/en/products/evo-series/evo-one/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed one about a month ago. Went in very easy, but I do have some experience with electronics. I basically stripped the jacket off the wires I need to attach to and soldered. Only a couple wires were cut to break the circuit and run through the box. It is programmed via a PC and there are 2 sides to the unit. Security and Remote Start. Both are programmed individually (this is something that took me a bit to realize). The box is amazingly small, a little larger than a deck of cards.

There are a couple things that I don't like, but I think they are just setting I need to change for my preference. I haven't had the time to make the change. One of them is that the doors relock after the cargo doors have been closed. I am concerned about setting the key down and shutting the door.

Happy with the purchase. Glad to be able to use the OEM remote to activate the remote start.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looking at the same one myself. Been using one on my 2013 Jeep Wrangler for a few years and it's been flawless .

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at the same one myself. Been using one on my 2013 Jeep Wrangler for a few years and it's been flawless .
That's good to hear. Did you install it yourself or have it done? I haven't got a quote yet from the local dealer/installer, but I found the Evo One and the extra cable I need for the install for only $130 shipped online. Supposedly it's very easy to hook up, so I might go that route in the insatlled quote seems excessive.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I did it myself. It was quite easy, only took about 30 min. Seems like the Promaster looks a bit more complicated though. I need to study the instructions more.

1 - 6 of 7 Posts