Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has it been particularly quiet on the is forum, "OR" is it my imagination?

Actually had trouble logging in several times over several weeks. Immediately got wrong ID & password blocked. Worked tonight.

Was it just me "OR" have others had same issue? Note that the save password function must've hicupped & a wrong password was there?

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
I take the quiet time as a good thing, no clearance light leaks, no brake squeaks, no diesel egr codes, no door adjustments, no radiators leaking, and nothing much else. It looks like the production issues are cured.

On the other hand few build threads, not much for upfit options, and few modifications are coming in. Why?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Summertime, summertime, sum, sum summertime... ?

We build um' to play so off we go.

(Also your earwurm of the day... )

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,980 Posts
Got home yesterday from our 3-month jaunt. Ready to get back working on the can--first camping trip we leave Aug 9--but it's 80° at 6 am out there, dripping with humidity and swarming with mosquitoes. This is going to be horrendous working conditions.

First priority is to get the pecan limb off the top. The limb didn't fall; it's just heavy with pecans. The van must back out of its current position and the limb is behind the fan…

Then install the last window, then fasten the bed assembly to the floor, then install house battery and hook up electrical. Drawers won't be done, nor the sink cabinet, nor the wall-ceiling trim, but it will be usable.

·
Registered
604 Posts
80? Ugh... And I'm hating the 65 and muggy here.

I guess now I can't complain and skip the mornings project... Off to the Promaster and garage I go...

Too bad it isn't an apple tree. Then you'd have snacks all day! :):)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Not much to talk about. Still sitting on the fence waiting to see if the 9 spd will make it for 2016.

Might as well wait to see Metris too. It's only a few months away now. If it will work for handicap transport and all my other needs, it's the safer long-term bet for me.

Otherwise it will take > $5K discount on a loaded, 136 low-roof, non-white 2015 PM to get me to jump. July incentives actually went down from June:(.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,748 Posts
...Off to the Promaster and garage I go...
Wish I had a garage! Actually the house has them, but my Hi Roof PM? Ain't gonna happen! :crying: Luckily I have a carport right next to my garage and pile of tools! :)

Then again, if the carport was 6" higher, I could put a Fantastic Fan on top, but not with 3" clearance. :crying: But at least I can worn on the van if it's raining. :)

Working on the PM in the winter? COLD!

Working on the PM in the summer? HOT!

Working on the PM in the spring and fall? PRICELESS! :D

Ed

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So nobody else has had any problem logging in?

The system failed to remember my password today, but accepted it again.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Working on the PM in the winter? COLD!

Working on the PM in the summer? HOT!

Working on the PM in the spring and fall? PRICELESS! :D

Ed
Actually me too. The garage is just for tools. My PM will never see a garage except when it's at the dealer for work.

Unless I win the lottery... ;)

Hope these thunderstorms rolling through didn't get you today!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,980 Posts
In spite of the heat, the hole is cut and primed for the last window. It will go in tomorrow morning. We were afraid we would have forgotten a step or two, but this is the best fit of all.

·
Registered
Diesel PM, 2015, 2500 hi-top
142 Posts
Synopsis of ProMaster Build to "motorhome"

I've been offline alot due to traveling, but I'll be working on my van during the next couple of months. Folks can follow my blog here:

http://lalaironwheels.blogspot.com/

I'll really appreciate if you all could follow along cause I enjoy ProMaster Forum folks' comments, suggestions, ideas, solutions, etc.
Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
10,877 Posts
I've been offline alot due to traveling, but I'll be working on my van during the next couple of months. Folks can follow my blog here:

http://lalaironwheels.blogspot.com/

I'll really appreciate if you all could follow along cause I enjoy ProMaster Forum folks' comments, suggestions, ideas, solutions, etc.
Thank you in advance.
Nice blog and photos - thanks!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have been busy getting recall work done, also got the factory hitch bar and wiring installed. Waiting for a call back from the shop for the marker lights gaskets and rear door rattle fix parts to arrive...

The hitch looks great - very clean installation.

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
899 Posts
I have been busy getting recall work done, also got the factory hitch bar and wiring installed. Waiting for a call back from the shop for the marker lights gaskets and rear door rattle fix parts to arrive...

The hitch looks great - very clean installation.
Could you explain the "marker lights gaskets" and rear door rattle fix? Were there TSB's on these?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Too busy enjoying the PM - 5K miles and nothing to complain about except the reverse sensors that keep going off and the radio that stays on after a call gets hung up...what?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Too busy enjoying the PM - 5K miles and nothing to complain about except the reverse sensors that keep going off and the radio that stays on after a call gets hung up...what?

Your reverse sensor issue is prob cuz of your hitch step. The radio issue is just a bad design. I had RAM change mine cuz of the same issue, and it didn't help.
I really like your setup! What did you use for your walls and headliner? Also, where did you get s hitch step like that? It's awesome.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Could you explain the "marker lights gaskets" and rear door rattle fix? Were there TSB's on these?
The Marker light gaskets are regarding the possible water intrusion from the front exterior top marker lights, as discussed often on this group in the past. The Rear Door Rattle was a new one for me as well - I don't have any specific info on it right now. More as I get it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Arch - The sensor thing could be related to the step, or maybe the step makes it worse, but it is still only sometimes (seems like 50+% of the time). It is very irritating, but not enough for me to schedule love time at the dealer.

Walls are plywood with upholstery material and the ceiling is white stuff from Lowes. Like the pegboard stuff. The step is a home job. It is burly and can be used to jack the van (I've done in when it was on my E350).

I didn't put a built thread here, but I have some pictures here. I'm too lazy to post in two different places though I need to at least stick it in a build thread here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts