Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a statistic I've seen ever since I started liking at these vehicles: URL]"2/3 of all European Campervans are built on the Ducato/Boxer/Jumper chassis."

My unprofessional estimate is that in Norway it's close to 90%. Homer, which I can't tell from the Ducato except for badging comes in distant second, then Transit. I never see Sprinters except an occasional cargo van.

This is not unusual:

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
883 Posts
Hymer is not an auto manufacturer. They make coach build motorhomes.They just make their own grilles that say "Hymer" to distinguish themselves from their rivals. So, you were most likely seeing a Ducato with a Hymer grille.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nicely lowered too. But what's that on the back below the bumper? Some kind of ground effects/spoiler?

·
Registered
247 Posts
The huge diffusion of the Ducato as RV base is due to the partnership between Fiat and Alko. Fiat was the first european manufacturer to use the special lowered Alko frame with the larger track dedicated to the RV vehicles. If you notist, the rear track of those RV is larger than the front one.
This mean great improvements in space and handling...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
The huge diffusion of the Ducato as RV base is due to the partnership between Fiat and Alko. Fiat was the first european manufacturer to use the special lowered Alko frame with the larger track dedicated to the RV vehicles. If you notist, the rear track of those RV is larger than the front one.
This mean great improvements in space and handling...
I thought the wider track was supposed to have arrived in US already, but haven't noticed any adds or info for them yet. Winnebago used wider rear tracks on similar RVs decades ago. They were Renault and later VW based.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts